The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good morning, everyone! Today was “weigh in“ day. No, I’m not trying to lose weight, although I should have started that years ago. I have to keep track of weight part of the routine.

Weight loss was the first thing I noticed when I started getting sick, and it’s been just a steady downward trend. At Ken’s Grand Lodge in August, I was in my usual 165-168 range. This morning I’m 146.4. Just as I have to log in what I eat, I also have to log my weight. It’s easiest just to pop the numbers into my FitBit because it tracks the trend and actual loss so accurately. I’m shocked, not at the numbers, but at how steadily it’s happening without trying. It’s not the kidney diet - i haven’t even really started that yet, aside from the very obvious things I’ve eliminated. Nope, it’s probably portions because I feel like I’m starving then can’t finish anything because after a few bites I’m full. And now that I’m eliminating salt from my diet and <gulp> my Pepsi, I imagine that curve will drop even more noticeably. Sure glad we’re done traveling....I don’t think any of my formals will fit! :th

Nothing much planned for today. Ken might want to run to Cody later but I don’t know if I’ll go or not. You all go out there and make today yours! :love

Good morning, everyone! Today was “weigh in“ day. No, I’m not trying to lose weight, although I should have started that years ago. I have to keep track of weight part of the routine.

Weight loss was the first thing I noticed when I started getting sick, and it’s been just a steady downward trend. At Ken’s Grand Lodge in August, I was in my usual 165-168 range. This morning I’m 146.4. Just as I have to log in what I eat, I also have to log my weight. It’s easiest just to pop the numbers into my FitBit because it tracks the trend and actual loss so accurately. I’m shocked, not at the numbers, but at how steadily it’s happening without trying. It’s not the kidney diet - i haven’t even really started that yet, aside from the very obvious things I’ve eliminated. Nope, it’s probably portions because I feel like I’m starving then can’t finish anything because after a few bites I’m full. And now that I’m eliminating salt from my diet and <gulp> my Pepsi, I imagine that curve will drop even more noticeably. Sure glad we’re done traveling....I don’t think any of my formals will fit! :th

Nothing much planned for today. Ken might want to run to Cody later but I don’t know if I’ll go or not. You all go out there and make today yours! :love
:frow Good morning Blooie, have a great day

:frow Good morning KD, have a great day

I may be totally lazy today.

That’s perfectly acceptable too!! :hugs

The funny thing is I actually usually do just that. Quite a lot lately. :oops:

And sometimes I’ll wake up but not get going or eat or anything for a while after.

But yet today I’m not haha

My dad left super early this morning for a work trip and my mom has to work today too so I’m home alone and I told myself I didn’t want to spend my day alone doing nothing. :lau

Which is funny because being home alone would be a better time to be lazy cause it’s not like anyone would know but nope :lau

But I’m not gonna do too much. Just go to the feed store and maybe take a walk. By “clean the tanks” I really just mean “add water” :lau

Although that said I am going to change the filter on the goldfish tank and I probably will clean that one. But the bettas are very clean and don’t usually need much in the way of scrubbing and stuff. Though I might finally decorate their tank like I’ve been meaning to haha

You have bettas? :loveI love those fish.:love I used to breed them ages ago when I had time. Once our daughter gave up on day sleeps (at 16 months old!) I just couldn't look after them properly. I miss my fish. DH loves fish too (that's how we met) but he likes big fish and I like little ones. He wants some Oscar cichlids and seeing as I have an aviary full of pretty birds, I think I'd better let him choose the fish.

I've got quail eggs in my incubator. Despite the fact that our birds are at least 2 years old fertility seems to be great. I didn't even collect the eggs 'properly'. I gathered all of the eggs I could find in the aviary, threw them in some water to see which ones were no longer any good, set what sank after checking for cracks, and so far so good. I thought I'd better set some before they stop laying for the season. Our chickens are already molting.

Back
Top Bottom