The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Where was that at? Awful!
they didn't say the fast food place but it happened in a small town about twenty miles from here, also a man went into a doctors office and did the same thing to the lady checking people in, as he ask her if anyone was sick, he coughed on her and said, now there might be

they didn't say the fast food place but it happened in a small town about twenty miles from here, also a man went into a doctors office and did the same thing to the lady checking people in, as he ask her if anyone was sick, he coughed on her and said, now there might be

That's just crazy! Seems like that sort of thing would count as assault.

Hey everyone - hope you are all staying healthy. Our internet is being very patchy at the moment which is frustrating. It keeps freezing up on me, even as I try to type.

Clothing has now been deemed to be an essential item here (though the types of clothing available is limited). Except at one retailer where you can get kids underwear, you can get mens underwear, but NOT women's underwear. I have written to them asking how that is fair, but I'm not holding my breath about getting a reply. I desperately need a bra because the underwire decided to pop out of one pair of mine and I only have two. So I spent ages yesterday searching for somewhere that actually had my size (not an easy thing). Pretty much all you can buy are sports bras or a basic maternity bra. Very boring! I'm just hoping they won't be out of stock by the time they process my order.

Our health minister here decided to take himself and his family on a long drive to then have a walk on the beach. The government has instructed everyone to 'stay local' when getting exercise. Last week he got grilled for going mountain biking quite a distance from his home. Honestly, what an idiot! He has been demoted but hasn't lost his job. The Prime Minister thought it would be too disruptive at a time like this. Quite honestly the public doesn't care who gives them the information, as long as somebody does.

We are back to 'normal' (non daylight savings) time which suits me just fine. The kids never adjust so I prefer this sort of time as it feels like they are going to bed earlier.

what i use is pour on, that might be why i always get some on myself
Perhaps you have some immunity to the virus as a result

Everyone masking is a good idea, because no one knows who the next carrier is. And this is a good way to reduce transmission.
Yep, especially since infected people don't always develop any symptoms.

sooner than later I suspect that "respect" will become important again. At least I hope so...
:fl I'd love to see that!

I desperately need a bra because the underwire decided to pop out of one pair of mine and I only have two.
Just let the girls go free Jae! No "isolating at home" for them ;)

Awful stuff has been happening like that even here. One guy filmed himself going around a supermarket sneezing and coughing on food and people. He's been arrested and denied bail. Good job too.

DH just had a good chat with his former boss who is such a nice guy and very smart. He has a saying that does apply very well to Covid-19 bringing out the worst in some people: "Morons are morons and they will endanger us all".

But then there are wonderful stories of those helping others. People are still allowed to ride on their bike or go for a walk here, as long as you stay local and keep your distance from other people outside of your 'bubble' (those you are in lockdown with, ie your immediate family). A guy fell off his bike and hit his head on the kerb while out for a ride. Two members of the public decided that aiding him was more important than keeping their distance and it's a good thing they did too because he required CPR and would have died before emergency services reached him if they hadn't assisted. Those stories remind me there are good people in the world still.

Back
Top Bottom