The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Sour, there's no way to avoid anxiety when they drive away, especially now.

I've found several. This seems to produce some of the best results. Lotus seems popular in a lot of cultures. Didn't find a lot of Thai recipes though. Was what you got a curry?
Lotus Root Recipes

ETA: Check out the images of lotus root chicken recipes to find something that looks similar to what you remember.
No, that's not it. Has broccoli, mushrooms, carrots and a very yellow sauce.

Older grand daughter is heading home. Because of the fact that her sister is in 'quarantine' here prior to heading to Syracuse we were unable to visit with her cousins, and life with the grand parents during 'lockdown' is a bit boring. She ran dogs with me and went fishing yesterday, but is getting antsy. I will face high anxiety when she pulls out of the driveway in her car. :oops:
We go through it every time the kids leave, not looking forward to the time it's grand kids😞

Good morning everyone! Once again, I'm late to the party! Today I brought in my largest egg so far, 62g! The weather has cooled down into the 80's yay! My agenda: I bred my doe Daphne for the first time today and I will breed my other doe Chloe tomorrow...also her first! Hopefully we will have baby rabbits around the first week of September! We will probably pick and can tomatoes and beans...today or tomorrow!

You all made me hungry talking about all of the different recipes! After I cook my meat in the instant pot or crock pot I braise it under the broiler to kick the flavor up a notch. It reduces the sauce, makes it stick better to the meat and caramelizes it! Here's my recipe for Instant Pot Carnitas...you can also cook it in a crockpot! If you can find the Tajin seasoning, it makes all the difference, but chili powder works in a pinch. I use Tajin in place of chili powder in most Mexican recipes!

I hope you all have a great day! 💞

Instant Pot Carnitas
View attachment 2280464

Ingredients
    • • One 4 pound pork shoulder or butt, fat trimmed (optional) and cut into 2 inch pieces
    • • 1 teaspoon salt
    • • 1 tablespoon oil (I use bacon grease or lard)
    • • 2 cups water (or beer)
    • • 3/4 cup orange juice (~2 oranges)
    • • 1/4 cup lime juice (~2 limes)
    • • 4 cloves garlic, chopped
    • • 1 tablespoon Tajin Clasico Seasoning w/lime or chili powder
    • • 1 teaspoon cumin
    • • 1 teaspoon oregano
    • • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Steps
    • Season the pork with the salt.
    • Heat the oil. add the pork, sear on all sides.
    • Add 1 cup water and scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
    • Add everything to the IP, cook on high 75mins, NPR 15 min.
    • Remove the pork from the liquid and set aside to cool before shredding and removing any fat.
    • Meanwhile, skim any fat from the liquid and simmer to reduce to 1 cup.
    • Mix the liquid into the pork, spread it out in a single layer on baking sheet, broil until crispy on top, about 4-6 minutes, flip and broil until crispy, about 4-6 minutes.
    • Enjoy by itself or in tacos, burritos, quesadillas, etc.
Notes
    • Option: If you want to skip browning the meat, you can, but this adds a lot of flavor.
Good afternoon Rene :frow better late than never and you brought a yummy recipe to share 😁 have a great afternoon

Good morning everyone! Once again, I'm late to the party! Today I brought in my largest egg so far, 62g! The weather has cooled down into the 80's yay! My agenda: I bred my doe Daphne for the first time today and I will breed my other doe Chloe tomorrow...also her first! Hopefully we will have baby rabbits around the first week of September! We will probably pick and can tomatoes and beans...today or tomorrow!

You all made me hungry talking about all of the different recipes! After I cook my meat in the instant pot or crock pot I braise it under the broiler to kick the flavor up a notch. It reduces the sauce, makes it stick better to the meat and caramelizes it! Here's my recipe for Instant Pot Carnitas...you can also cook it in a crockpot! If you can find the Tajin seasoning, it makes all the difference, but chili powder works in a pinch. I use Tajin in place of chili powder in most Mexican recipes!

Instant Pot Carnitas
View attachment 2280464

Ingredients
    • • One 4 pound pork shoulder or butt, fat trimmed (optional) and cut into 2 inch pieces
    • • 1 teaspoon salt
    • • 1 teaspoon cumin
    • • 1 teaspoon oregano
    • • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Steps
    • Remove the pork from the liquid and set aside to cool before shredding and removing any fat.
    • Meanwhile, skim any fat from the liquid and simmer to reduce to 1 cup.
    • Mix the liquid into the pork, spread it out in a single layer on baking sheet, broil until crispy on top, about 4-6 minutes, flip and broil until crispy, about 4-6 minutes.
Notes
    • Option: If you want to skip browning the meat, you can, but this adds a lot of flavor.
Thanks for the recipe!

Instant Pot Carnitas
View attachment 2280464

Ingredients
    • • 1 teaspoon salt
    • • 1 teaspoon cumin
    • • 1 teaspoon oregano
    • • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Steps
    • Remove the pork from the liquid and set aside to cool before shredding.
    • Meanwhile, simmer the liquid to reduce to 1 cup.
Notes

That looks wonderful Rene!

Back
Top Bottom