The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Hi Debby! Thank you...it's my all time favorite recipe for Carnitas! You could probably use chicken thighs and even rabbit (if you add a little extra fat)!
Cooking time would be lower for chicken. Rabbit would likely be the same or in between the two.

I've only used pork, but I do think that chicken will be just as delicious! :)
Next time I make them I'm going to try your recipe. The Tajin is problematic for us due to salt content, but I can make it without the salt and go from there. Ironically, I have the dried peppers and dried lime in my pantry. I may kick up the heat a bit as well with some chipolte. But I really like what I see and need to give it a shot. Never thought to broil it to kick up the flavor. I'm going to try that technique with some of my other recipes and see how it goes. Yup, I steal techniques all the time.

Next time I make them I'm going to try your recipe. The Tajin is problematic for us due to salt content, but I can make it without the salt and go from there. Ironically, I have the dried peppers and dried lime in my pantry. I may kick up the heat a bit as well with some chipolte. But I really like what I see and need to give it a shot. Never thought to broil it to kick up the flavor. I'm going to try that technique with some of my other recipes and see how it goes. Yup, I steal techniques all the time.

Bob, where did you find dried lime? I'd love to have that in my pantry.

Back
Top Bottom