The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I'm having a pretty good day today...except for the different accounting things I need to get done...doesn't take much time, but I hate doing it...I'd much rather be goofing off...which is why I'm on BYC instead of working...lol! :gig

Hope your day is going well?
Yes not too bad thanks. I get avoiding the things you don't like, that's my strategy too :highfive:

So a little over a week ago DH & I went to the local furniture store and ordered a new fridge. I've been putting off buying groceries because the fridge we have is dying. I called the store today to see when they might be delivering the new one. Umm, apparently it's on backorder until October.

But they have 2 others in the store for the same price so guess we're going back to the store tomorrow. Only thing is, the ice maker part of both of them is on back order.

Then I went online to order a few of the spice mixtures we use all the time...2 of them are on backorder.

Is the whole world on backorder or just my world?

So a little over a week ago DH & I went to the local furniture store and ordered a new fridge. I've been putting off buying groceries because the fridge we have is dying. I called the store today to see when they might be delivering the new one. Umm, apparently it's on backorder until October.

But they have 2 others in the store for the same price so guess we're going back to the store tomorrow. Only thing is, the ice maker part of both of them is on back order.

Then I went online to order a few of the spice mixtures we use all the time...2 of them are on backorder.

Appliances taking time to get to you is not new. When we replaced the washer and dryer two years ago, it took two months for them to get here. The old ones were working so it was ok though

I think it's the whole world. Crazy how broken the supply chain is.

Oh brother. Sick again. Only more so this time. Started last night with stuffy nose and sore throat. It's gotten worse through the day. Finally after one of three nurse daughters said..go get tested..I did. Results are coming in fast here. By Wed..I was told. My son was starting to get sick yesterday morning. He napped for 5 hrs! Said he feels better today. Won't go get tested. I'm thinking I got sick from our little guy that is here. Only 21 months old. He has had a pretty runny my nose. I hold him a lot. Dr. thinks I may just have his cold. My immune system is one if those low ones. Do, probably. At least we can know. 🤷. I feel miserable. Ugh..

Oh brother. Sick again. Only more so this time. Started last night with stuffy nose and sore throat. It's gotten worse through the day. Finally after one of three nurse daughters said..go get tested..I did. Results are coming in fast here. By Wed..I was told. My son was starting to get sick yesterday morning. He napped for 5 hrs! Said he feels better today. Won't go get tested. I'm thinking I got sick from our little guy that is here. Only 21 months old. He has had a pretty runny my nose. I hold him a lot. Dr. thinks I may just have his cold. My immune system is one if those low ones. Do, probably. At least we can know. 🤷. I feel miserable. Ugh..
I hope the test comes back negative and you and your family all get well quickly! 💞

Boo! I have things ordered too; while nothing is on backorder, it's taking a long time for anything to get here.

Yuck, sorry to read this Cynthia. It's hard not to hug the babies even if they're sick. I hope you all get well soon!

I hope it is just a cold!

Back
Top Bottom