The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good morning, chicks hatching! Trying to post a picture but it's slow again. Seems to be an issue a lot these days.
Good afternoon Cappy :frow I missed out chicks hatching 😞 I'll live through everyone else's hatches.
Have a great day

Hatch day is fun!
Good afternoon Ron :frow hope your having a great day

Yep, I'll just everyone else and dream about next year 😁😍

You know I'll share photos. :D

I am 6 days in and I discovered one egg had a big crack last night. The baby still looks fine, and I've waxed the crack so fingers crossed it's still ok. Not sure when that happened because I'm super careful, and it's one of the bluer eggs so I'm really hoping it's alright.

My 2 boy ducks are going this afternoon. The girls will be relieved as their backs are looking rather muddy from hormonal boys hopping on. I ended up with a very muddy chicken egg yesterday too. The dog got that one. I'm a bit over the mud.

The outbreak in Auckland is ballooning and one of the initial cases went to Rotorua (another NZ city) while experiencing symptoms and did a whole lot of touristy things down there, so it could well be in other centres. Another person who has Covid-19 visited a family member in an aged care facility in Hamilton (a city south of Auckland). They still have not identified the source of the outbreak, but the fact that people working at the borders or in quarantine facilities have not had to had regular tests (a huge proportion have had none at all) was pretty shocking and I'm now not surprised there's been an outbreak. :he

If anyone is in need of a heart-warming story, check this out:
Ventura County Firefighters Rescue Chickens From Fiery Demise

Gotta love firemen!

Awww, thank you for sharing - I needed that. 😍

Back
Top Bottom