The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

They were out of the huge cans of cashews. But I did get the last pop up canopy in the color I wanted!

No, but I like to look. Rural King had a chick disaster where they lost a whole chick order of 300 chicks that were dead by the time the post office delivered them.
How are you Deb?

Wow, that's terrible about the chicks! Did they spend too much time in shipping?

How are your Polish doing these days? Are you still selling at the Farmer's Market?

Wow, that's terrible about the chicks! Did they spend too much time in shipping?

How are your Polish doing these days? Are you still selling at the Farmer's Market?
Yes, the post office is terribly slow . I paid for priority shipping on an item I ordered and it took over a week to get it. And a friend who lives 2 hours driving time from us mailed me a letter, and that took a week. I want pony express back!

Yes, the post office is terribly slow . I paid for priority shipping on an item I ordered and it took over a week to get it. And a friend who lives 2 hours driving time from us mailed me a letter, and that took a week. I want pony express back!

I've had my own p.o. issues. On Jan. 26th I mailed a mortgage payment to the bank. The bank still doesn't have the check. The bank told me they're having a lot of trouble with their mail being held up in Baltimore and a lot of customers are having the same issue.

Yesterday I finally paid to have the check cancelled and made the payment over the phone. :rolleyes:

For some reason (that I don't know) mail in VA was REALLY bad for some time, don't know if it cleared up yet. Sister in law lives in Alexandria, she was up here from Veterans Day until MLK. She sends out tons of Xmas cards and gets tons. There were a couple from friends in VA mailed to her here before XMas but didn't get here until well into January.

Hi Rene! We haven’t attempted to put it in yet. I don’t think it will fit but we can use it when we put a new shower in our bedroom.
How is your remodel coming?
I'm glad you'll be able to use it at some point.
We're getting it done slowly but surely. Hubs finished building the new lower cabinets & drawer fronts and we have all of them stained & now he's making the new doors. We've started on the upper cabinets getting them ready to paint & he still has to build a new upper cabinet & the new range hood cabinet. There are still a lot of steps in between. Everything takes so much time, but at least my kitchen is still somewhat functional. We have all of the base cabinets sitting in our main, garage & deck entryways.
Here's my new sink cabinet.
Making sure the sink fits & a picture of it with the new pull out garbage & dishtowel drawer installed.
20210207_145851.jpg

We have a section of the old countertop set on it so we have a little more work space.
20210227_163624.jpg

The cabinet on top is brand new, it's replacing my desk, it will be nice to have some extra storage & the bottom one is the original, but newly stained pots & pans cabinet.
20210227_163749.jpg

The blonde colored drawers will have the new drawer fronts on them, the stained drawers are finished, they will be behind behind cabinet doors.
We will install the new tile before we put the base cabinets back in, it matches the tile you see in the bottom picture. Still, lots to do!

I'm glad you'll be able to use it at some point.
We're getting it done slowly but surely. Hubs finished building the new lower cabinets & drawer fronts and we have all of them stained & now he's making the new doors. We've started on the upper cabinets getting them ready to paint & he still has to build a new upper cabinet & the new range hood cabinet. There are still a lot of steps in between. Everything takes so much time, but at least my kitchen is still somewhat functional. We have all of the base cabinets sitting in our main, garage & deck entryways.
Here's my new sink cabinet.
Making sure the sink fits & a picture of it with the new pull out garbage & dishtowel drawer installed.
View attachment 2548084
We have a section of the old countertop set on it so we have a little more work space.
View attachment 2548083
The cabinet on top is brand new, it's replacing my desk, it will be nice to have some extra storage & the bottom one is the original, but newly stained pots & pans cabinet.
View attachment 2548082
The blonde colored drawers will have the new drawer fronts on them, the stained drawers are finished, they will be behind behind cabinet doors.
We will install the new tile before we put the base cabinets back in, it matches the tile you see in the bottom picture. Still, lots to do!
Very nice! As you know it is well worth it in the end.

Back
Top Bottom