The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Yep @bruceha2000 I lost approximately 2/3rds of my original flock. I had a nasty strain of MD and saw visceral, neural and ocular forms in my flock. Most losses occurred within 2 years for pullets and hens, 1 year to 18 months for cockerels and roosters. I lost one chick at 9 weeks to the initial infection and the rest died at anywhere from 3 months to two years to the secondary conditions associated with MD.

I'm working on an article about my experiences dealing with the outbreak and hope to have it on BYC within the near future....I hope. Need to get my hinny in gear.
I can't wait to read your article!

That view is beautiful! Is that a rainbow?! Omgoodness that girl is a funny one! 17 eggs?! 😂 was it far from home?

The photos are all good! Worth the wait. Are your kids young?
Our kids are 10 and 13.

Our little pullet is an OEGB so I was pretty impressed at the pile of eggs she'd amassed! She's under a blackberry bush a little ways from the coop. It's supposed to rain over the next few days (we desperately need it) so hopefully she'll be OK. I have another OEGB on a nest in another spot but her eggs don't look hopeful. She was in a very sheltered nest but for some reason has moved to a more open position.

A fog bow is a type of rainbow but because the water droplets in fog are so small they scatter the light so look white. I love foggy mornings.

Our kids are 10 and 13.

Our little pullet is an OEGB so I was pretty impressed at the pile of eggs she'd amassed! She's under a blackberry bush a little ways from the coop. It's supposed to rain over the next few days (we desperately need it) so hopefully she'll be OK. I have another OEGB on a nest in another spot but her eggs don't look hopeful. She was in a very sheltered nest but for some reason has moved to a more open position.

A fog bow is a type of rainbow but because the water droplets in fog are so small they scatter the light so look white. I love foggy mornings.

Hope you get that rain Jae :fl

Your OEGB, she's quite the overachiever!

Good morning everyone, enjoy your Saturday!
Saturday ducks.gif

Good morning, everyone.
And don't feel bad about your parrot. I can remember my mother having a parakeet that would talk up a blue streak and naturally one of its favorite phrases that they taught it was "GIMME A BEER!" Everybody thought it was cute until the day he yelled it at the minister when he stopped by for a visit.

Guess it could have been worse.
First thing my father would do when the minister made a house call was to offer him a beer. My father had a 'thing' about organized religion - I've also developed one.

Back
Top Bottom