The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Yes, that is an English Setter - more specifically a Llewellin Setter. Some say LLewellin is a separate breed from English setter, some say same breed just different lines. :confused:

That was our old boy Pistol Pete (named by previous owner after the U-Wyoming mascot). We lost him this fall - he was almost 14 years old - I think, 13 or 14. he was such a sweetheart and my clown dog, I miss him alot. Personality coming out of his fuzzy ears, lol.

He was a beautiful dog, sorry for your loss.

When you lived here in WY, what general part were you in? I wish I could send some of this winter wind somewhere else, it's brutal!
We lived south of I-80 and west of Cheyenne - so the extreme SE corner of the state. High enough that there weren't any rattlesnakes, but low enough to not be considered "in the Mountains". We looked down on Cheyenne and could watch the fireworks on the 4th of July, they were about 3" tall when viewed from our driveway, lol.

:frow

Time to get all my outdoor gear on and go out to see the chickens.

View attachment 2951512
Omgoodness :lau reminds me of A Christmas Story :lol:
Way back when I had my Husky I brushed her all the time. One spring she blew coat so bad I decided to take her in for a bath and have her stripped. When I picked her up at the end of the day, they told me that they had to clean the drier filters 3 times while she was in there and that was a record, lol.
I believe it! Our vaccuum gets clogged easily and 95% of it is dog hair. The love for my dogs have made me less OCD about cleaning but, the swiffer duster is my bff.

@igorsMistress here's the cookie recipe you were interested in:

Danish Butter Cookies
1/2 Cup butter at room temp
1/4 Cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Cup flour
1-2 Tablespoons warm milk

Cream the butter, sugar and extract until light in color and fluffy.
Mix in the flour a bit at a time, don't over-beat.
Roll dough into small balls, roll in sprinkles and put on a parchment covered baking sheet and then flatten slightly.
Put baking sheet in the fridge about 30 minutes to firm up (you don't want to bake before chilling or they'll run in the oven).
Preheat oven to 300*. Bake cookies 15-20 minutes, until edges begin to turn golden.

These taste better the next day. And they aren't overly sweet (unless you roll them in granulated sugar).

The original instructions call for piping the dough instead of rolling into balls. I tried that once, it was a mess because the dough is so firm.

Danish Butter Cookies
1/4 Cup powdered sugar
1 Cup flour

Roll dough into small balls, roll in sprinkles and put on a parchment covered baking sheet and then flatten slightly.
Put baking sheet in the fridge about 30 minutes to firm up (you don't want to bake before chilling or they'll run in the oven).
Preheat oven to 300*. Bake cookies 15-20 minutes, until edges begin to turn golden.

These taste better the next day. And they aren't overly sweet (unless you roll them in granulated sugar).

The original instructions call for piping the dough instead of rolling into balls. I tried that once, it was a mess because the dough is so firm.
I’m making these! Thanks Debby!

Danish Butter Cookies
1/4 Cup powdered sugar
1 Cup flour

Do you mix the milk with the butter, sugar, and extract?

Good morning all!

We are off again today due to the cold. It will be an E-Learning day. I’m not sure what that all involves when you don’t go to school. We had one a few weeks back due to a threat against the school but we had to show up and the kids stayed home. Today we all stay home. School buses were gelling up yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom