The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good morning Mark.

Thanks for the info Janie.

Hi Bob, you also.

Nice IM!

Hi Sour!

Yesterday on the way to work I was so close to getting hit by another vehicle. If I hadn’t been paying attention I doubt I‘d be here today. A lady coming around a curve shot into my lane. If we hadn’t both pulled to the sides when we did it would not have been good.
I am home for the day. I went to the nurses office with a kindergartener to get him some Vaseline for his chapped lips. I opened a cabinet to look for a q-tip and I felt resistance so I closed the door. It caught on a box and that box fell on my face and arm. It hurt so bad. It took a chunk out of my nose and it squished my nose pieces on my glasses. It took forever to quit bleeding. My boss and the office manager came running in. I’m sure I traumatized my Kiddo. I took a sick day as I didn’t want everybody asking me what happened. I should probably go back to bed and start my day over.:th
Wow! I hope you are ok.

DMC, so sorry you got hurt today! Take care of yourself and hope you heal up quickly. And yikes on the slippery roads, glad your car trip didn't end in disaster. :hugs
Thanks Debby! My boss told me to tell the kids this is what happens when you get sent to his office. I won’t, but it’s tempting. He felt bad cuz he had just recently put that box there. It was a big box of Covid tests.
The roads weren’t icy. I think she was going to fast for the curve.
I just got a message from the guy fixing my phone. The parts were supposed to be here yesterday as he overnighted them but they never showed up. He’s hoping to now have them by Monday.

When I was 22 and working as a plumbers helper the guy I worked for dropped a 4" PVC tee from about 12 ft up and it landed on the bridge of my nose. Well, about 4 stiches and 45 years later I still have the scar. 🤕
I bet that hurt. I don’t cry easy, but this made me cry. I’m pretty sure part of my nose is still hanging off that box.

I'm almost afraid to ask DMC but have you had your covid test lately? :lau I better get out of here before she see this. :wee💨
The office manager/secretary said if I needed a Covid test all I had to do was ask. I have a sense of humor, so you’re ok Mark. One of the teachers walked into the office and asked what happened. I told her the secretary punched me.:lol:

I did end up driving in the ice yesterday. My better half decided he had to have a hamburger, so I drove to the small convenience store near us. It was closed. So I drove about 25 more miles to the next place.
Bad decision. I ended up sitting on a iced-over bridge waiting for an 18 wheeler to be towed. It had ended up side ways across the 4 lane Bridge.
My "quick trip" took over an hour and a half.
The burgers were fantastic though
If my better half wanted me to go out and drive on ice to get something special for dinner I'd tell her to go herself because I have no desire to risk my car and possibly life for food.
There is always tomorrow!

Hi IM! It’s supposed to be nice this weekend here too.
Not here, it will be ~ -20°F with a windchill of -45°F in the morning.

It caught on a box and that box fell on my face and arm. It hurt so bad. It took a chunk out of my nose and it squished my nose pieces on my glasses.
OUCH!!!! Did anyone apologize for putting that box in a precarious position?

I'm almost afraid to ask DMC but have you had your covid test lately? :lau I better get out of here before she see this. :wee💨
Good place to use the :oops: emoji Mark ;)

If my better half wanted me to go out and drive on ice to get something special for dinner I'd tell her to go herself because I have no desire to risk my car and possibly life for food.
There is always tomorrow!

Not here, it will be ~ -20°F with a windchill of -45°F in the morning.

OUCH!!!! Did anyone apologize for putting that box in a precarious position?

Good place to use the :oops: emoji Mark ;)
I was too busy running. :wee

Back
Top Bottom