The Old Folks Home

microchick

Enabler
Dec 31, 2014
NE Missouri
Cap and @CSolis you 2 have WAY too much energy.

It's cold here. I didn't even open up the coops today. The young birds are stoopid and would just stand out all day in the wind and drizzle and the rest would just stay in anyway. I told them to consider themselves lucky that they have a nice warm coop to live in.

I didn't tell them about the crackling fire in the fireplace and the hot homemade Vegetable Beef and Barley soup I made for dinner. I hate to see chickens cry.

CapricornFarm

Chicken addict
Premium Feather Member
Feb 1, 2010
Southern Virginia
Cap and @CSolis you 2 have WAY too much energy.

It's cold here. I didn't even open up the coops today. The young birds are stoopid and would just stand out all day in the wind and drizzle and the rest would just stay in anyway. I told them to consider themselves lucky that they have a nice warm coop to live in.

I didn't tell them about the crackling fire in the fireplace and the hot homemade Vegetable Beef and Barley soup I made for dinner. I hate to see chickens cry.
Ooh, I love that soup!
I worked on fixing the overhang for the goat shed today. Nearly done, but need more caulk.
Went to put this Calico frizzle bantam cochin pullet away tonight and couldn't find her. Finally found her hiding spot near the coop she was supposed to be in.
20201023_121753.jpg
20201023_121753.jpg

Perris

Still learning
Jan 28, 2018
Gower, Wales
Ooh, I love that soup!
I worked on fixing the overhang for the goat shed today. Nearly done, but need more caulk.
Went to put this Calico frizzle bantam cochin pullet away tonight and couldn't find her. Finally found her hiding spot near the coop she was supposed to be in.
View attachment 2384822 View attachment 2384822
I'm not surprised you couldn't find her - her camouflage is excellent!

Alaskan

The Frosted Flake
Premium Feather Member
Jul 26, 2008
Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
My Coop
Ooh, I love that soup!
She reminds me of a turkey... in funky bantam form...must be her cool colors.

CSolis

Crowing
May 17, 2020
Red Level, AL
Ooh, I love that soup!
Love it.. looks like she saw a ghost and her feathers are fluffed up.

Top Bottom