The Old Folks Home

Anyone in here have a broody 'roo'? My cockoo marans roo is sitting on Henrietta's eggs again. He just sits in there and coos and chuckles and has a great time while Henrietta could care less. He will eventually come out when he figures out they don't hatch in a few hours, but it's fun to watch and listen too. He and his offspring, as well as a Beilefelder cockerel all talk to their 'treats' too. Never seen anything like it. Give them a treat and they start chuckling and walking about, dropping in on the ground inspecting it. None of my 4 boys will pick a treat up off the ground, they all stand and wait to be handed their goodies.
Where are the girls? They usually grab it.

Congratulations, Cynthia12.
5giphy.gif

First hatch of the season. Only 3 this round, but more eggs are rocking the Brinsea now.
View attachment 2564024
Ya didn't mention the breed!! Beautiful chickipoos! ♥️

Can't help myself... Gonna pick up a styrofoam cooler and a light fixture and try it.. My incubator is all over the map temp wise after only 2 successful hatches. I've got more of Prince Charlies sibblings, plus some Prince Charlie babies out of a BCM and 2 blue eggs from Snowflake. Funny, she and Muffins are supposed to be EEs but only Snowflake is laying blue eggs and Muffins light cream colored eggs. They are in with a Cockoo Marans offspring and my other adult hens. So, babies should be olive eggers?

Can't help myself... Gonna pick up a styrofoam cooler and a light fixture and try it.. My incubator is all over the map temp wise after only 2 successful hatches. I've got more of Prince Charlies sibblings, plus some Prince Charlie babies out of a BCM and 2 blue eggs from Snowflake. Funny, she and Muffins are supposed to be EEs but only Snowflake is laying blue eggs and Muffins light cream colored eggs. They are in with a Cockoo Marans offspring and my other adult hens. So, babies should be olive eggers?
I hope the incubator is more stable this time!

Dark brown egg layer crossed with a blue egg layer usually makes olive.

Congratulations Cynthia and DH!

Hello old folks. Anyone scratching in the dirt yet?
If you count the alpacas coming out and trying to find some grass under the solar panels where the snow has melted, yes. And no, they didn't find anything. They won't either, at least not until the end of April.

This weekend is daylight savings time...even though we passed a recommendation to have it changed.
What was the ratio of pro vs con?

Back
Top Bottom