The Old Folks Home

Great, just what we need.

The ocular Marek's disease actually presents itself like ocular herpes does in humans causing an iridocyclitis-which is an inflammation of the iris and the ciliary bodies in the eye.

We found that out when my husband scoped Sassy's eyes and we found out it was herpes and she was almost blind.

So what I've wondered, given the conversation concerning the avian vaccine for MD, which is a herpes virus vaccine in essence, is this. If the vaccine has the potential to cause a more virulent strain of the herpes virus to emerge, what about the vaccine for genital herpes that is given to young people in their teens to prevent cervical cancer?

Are we seeing a potential for a more virulent strain of an SID to emerge in the future that will cause an even more virulent, deadly form of reproductive system herpes to emerge?

That's as profound as I'm getting today!

Morning old folk! Wakey Wakey eggs and bakey!
the problem with the Mareks vaccine is that we cannot get the good one!

It seems more like the original small pox vaccine given out by George Washington to the troops during the revolutionary war. It was not as good as the ones given out later.

Commercial customers get the good mareks vaccine that does more than prevent cancer later. With the one we get, the chicks can still get mareks.

found this a bit ago so someone is listening

Attachments

• 9152021 egg.JPG
    9152021 egg.JPG
    227.6 KB · Views: 0
Sitting in the doc's office wondering if I should have brought a sack lunch. Oh well at least the seats are comfortable but a cup of coffee would be heaven. No wait can't do that. I'm wearing a mask. And by the way, why does it say masks tequired in this building snd I'm the only freaking person wearing a mask!😡
Settle mrs nurse, your the one getting the shot now not giving them, I know retired not dead, :)

I'm wearing a mask. And by the way, why does it say masks tequired in this building snd I'm the only freaking person wearing a mask!😡
I'd ask WHY? This afternoon I have a visit to the dermatologist. To enter I have to text upon arrival, answer some questions, be temperature checked, masked. I like it that way.

Sitting in the doc's office wondering if I should have brought a sack lunch. Oh well at least the seats are comfortable but a cup of coffee would be heaven. No wait can't do that. I'm wearing a mask. And by the way, why does it say masks tequired in this building snd I'm the only freaking person wearing a mask!😡
That does not happen here!

and covid rates are going down in Yolo County. The surge was not as bad here either

I have to admit I would appreciate a little more if they were a little more proactive with it.

A jobber came in wearing a mask but besides me, that's it. Delta is low in our county in spite of people not wearing masks, etc. Nobody can explain why but right now they are reporting 2 cases in our town.
that is the nature of covid in general. Hopefully all of the new variants will miss your county.

Here, Delta is bad in Shasta, Tehama and some counties up north of us as well as the central valley.

Vaccination rates are less than 40% in those counties. Yolo county is in the 80% range. I suspect that is largely due to UC Davis requiring vaccination to work here. It is the largest employer in the county.

Back
Top Bottom