The Old Folks Home

Yes, i am tired of doing chores all day. And would like to go more places.
It's a hard decision to make isn't it? I'm not getting rid of my birds. Marek's disease prevents me from doing that but I made the decision not to hatch this year in order to cut back on my work load. I was planning to hatch a few birds this coming spring but now in light of the diagnosis of diverticulitis/diverticulosis I'm taking a wait and see attitude about things. I see the GI next week and then have the stomach endoscopy on Dec 13th. Time will tell as they say.

One thing not hatching has given me time to do is get to know my flock better and enjoy them more. I reduced my flock size by 9 birds this year, losing several to injury, one to water belly and 5 roosters that I butchered due to aggressiveness to other birds. I'd like to reduce it down more to lighten my work load also. So I understand how you feel. :hugs

Got chickened out and we looked forward to having a seafood dinner tonight. At the last moment dh said, do you know what I'm really hungry for? Your chicken noodle soup... But he had that last evening.. and the evening before that ..and the evening before that!
As he says, we don't need special food for birthdays and holidays- just being together is special. And we can eat a special meal whenever we feel like it

Back
Top Bottom