The Old Folks Home

When it rains here, it pours. Dd #1 tested positive for covid last Wed. They sent her home from work. The kids had some of the same symptoms to varying degrees. Dh got sick immediately, same symptoms. I held out for 3 days, before I too got sick. I was able to hold down the fort, until the worst part of it, passed for them. When it hit me, they were already doing much better.

While I wasn't told, I am assuming this is the new variant. It's nothing like the Covid 19 we experienced 2 years ago. It's more like a bad winter cold. If you don't push yourself too hard, and allow yourself to recuperate, it runs it's course pretty quick, thus the new CDC guidelines for only 5 days of quarrantine now.

In the meantime, back on the ranch, grandson had what we thought might be appendicitis. Dd #1 took him to the hospital. They tested for covid, and it was positive, which we were expecting, but he was already on at least day 4, over the symptoms, and just waiting for it to finish clearing out of his system. Of course, they admitted him, and ran tests looking for appendicitis. Yes, he had the symptoms (of appendicitis, not covid), but the attending physician, and the surgeon decided to send him home.

My daughter refused to leave with him. They put him on IV antibiotics, assuring her it would reduce the inflammation, and break the fever. The next morning they wanted to discharge him, even though the fever had not broken. Again, she refused to leave with him. They sent in the chief of surgery, to deal with her. He checked over all the information, and told the on duty surgeon to remove the appendix. The on duty surgeon refused my grandson as a patient, since he had tested positive for covid.

The chief of surgery began working his cell phone. "Cancel all my appointments, and get my anesthesiologist, and team in here now". Within 10 minutes, doctors were collecting in the room, paperwork was flying around, and a couple minutes after that, they wheeled my grandson off to surgery. They taped the entire thing, and sent the video to my daughter.

When the surgery was over, the surgeon came to talk with my daughter. He said he was so glad he had done the surgery. When he got in there, and lifted up on the appendix, you can see in the video where it was already perforated, and there was a pus pocket under the appendix, where infection had already set in. He removed the appendix, and cleaned out the pus pocket.

Grandson was put on different IV antibiotic(s), and was to be monitored through the night, to make sure the infection was being taken care of by the antibiotics, and his fever broke. Sure enough, yesterday evening his fever finally broke.

He should be coming home today.

What I didn't mention was that, while I didn't know about the surgeon situation, I was led to pray more specifically about my grandson getting the right surgeon, that would do right by him. I called my prayer partner, and she too was led to pray specifically about his surgeon. I also called another person, that she, and her mother were led in the same way. Whether you believe in prayer, or not, I do. I give praise to the Lord, that the right surgeon was led to take care of my grandson, instead of the ones that were going to send him home with a perforated appendix, that was already infected.

When it rains here, it pours. Dd #1 tested positive for covid last Wed. They sent her home from work. The kids had some of the same symptoms to varying degrees. Dh got sick immediately, same symptoms. I held out for 3 days, before I too got sick. I was able to hold down the fort, until the worst part of it, passed for them. When it hit me, they were already doing much better.

While I wasn't told, I am assuming this is the new variant. It's nothing like the Covid 19 we experienced 2 years ago. It's more like a bad winter cold. If you don't push yourself too hard, and allow yourself to recuperate, it runs it's course pretty quick, thus the new CDC guidelines for only 5 days of quarrantine now.

In the meantime, back on the ranch, grandson had what we thought might be appendicitis. Dd #1 took him to the hospital. They tested for covid, and it was positive, which we were expecting, but he was already on at least day 4, over the symptoms, and just waiting for it to finish clearing out of his system. Of course, they admitted him, and ran tests looking for appendicitis. Yes, he had the symptoms (of appendicitis, not covid), but the attending physician, and the surgeon decided to send him home.

My daughter refused to leave with him. They put him on IV antibiotics, assuring her it would reduce the inflammation, and break the fever. The next morning they wanted to discharge him, even though the fever had not broken. Again, she refused to leave with him. They sent in the chief of surgery, to deal with her. He checked over all the information, and told the on duty surgeon to remove the appendix. The on duty surgeon refused my grandson as a patient, since he had tested positive for covid.

The chief of surgery began working his cell phone. "Cancel all my appointments, and get my anesthesiologist, and team in here now". Within 10 minutes, doctors were collecting in the room, paperwork was flying around, and a couple minutes after that, they wheeled my grandson off to surgery. They taped the entire thing, and sent the video to my daughter.

When the surgery was over, the surgeon came to talk with my daughter. He said he was so glad he had done the surgery. When he got in there, and lifted up on the appendix, you can see in the video where it was already perforated, and there was a pus pocket under the appendix, where infection had already set in. He removed the appendix, and cleaned out the pus pocket.

Grandson was put on different IV antibiotic(s), and was to be monitored through the night, to make sure the infection was being taken care of by the antibiotics, and his fever broke. Sure enough, yesterday evening his fever finally broke.

What I didn't mention was that, while I didn't know about the surgeon situation, I was led to pray more specifically about my grandson getting the right surgeon, that would do right by him. I called my prayer partner, and she too was led to pray specifically about his surgeon. I also called another person, that she, and her mother were led in the same way. Whether you believe in prayer, or not, I do. I give praise to the Lord, that the right surgeon was led to take care of my grandson, instead of the ones that were going to send him home with a perforated appendix, that was already infected.
Prayer do work wonders, so glad you grandson got the proper care he needed.

Nothing is coincidence.. Started 6 days ago with 10 eggs in the brooder, add 2 more as Raven produced them. Was checking one of Peg's (GLW) eggs last night when OOPS, I accidentally cracked it badly. It wasn't showing any signs of development so I went ahead and opened it. Nope, not fertile! Nor the other one in the 'bator. I've been outside when KE wants a little lovin' from Peg, but she runs way faster than he does on those little legs of his. I have used some of her eggs for breakfast and they were always fertile. Guess she got tired of his 'advances'. He doesn't give flowers or chocolates.

Wow.
SUPER glad your daughter knew to stand up for her kid!!!!

Please tell her she is one fantastic woman and mother! :love

Back
Top Bottom