The Old Folks Home

Dd #1 says the washing machine seems to be doing a little bit better job now. I notice the dish washer did a better job last night too. I guess with the higher water pressure, more water is getting into the machines during the allotted time, which makes them a little more efficient.

Last night I twisted, then knocked the stew out of my ankle. The path through my bedroom into my bathroom has become almost like an obstacle course. Boxes stacked everywhere, with Christmas gifts for the grands. They're neatly stacked, but the path is not nearly as wide as I'm used to. In my haste, I ran into a big box, almost fell, then in the process of preventing my fall, my ankle hit the box pretty hard. It's going to be like that until closer to Christmas.

Dh discovered why I never wrap the presents until a couple days before Christmas. He was going to get a bit of a head start on wrapping the presents. A big no no. We have a cat. She loves to use bigger new boxes as a cat scratcher, to sharpen her claws. Christmas bows were invented just for her to play with, right? Wait a minute, someone made a mistake. She can't get INTO the boxes. That means when everyone is asleep, she has to vocalize, and protest loudly for her humans to correct the situation. Yes, she has an open box in there now, so she can get inside it, and we can sleep through the night, while she's prowling, and playing.
How's your ankle today?

Hubby got a coat of yellow paint on the walls of the studio this morning!
20221207_161805.jpg

We have water. :wee The submersible pump we had, was 19 years old. The new pump fixed our water pressure problem we've been having lately too.
I'm glad you got it fixed quickly but 19 years? That seems like a really short life for a well pump.

OK, I just Googled and it came up with 7 years average. SEVEN YEARS? Are they kidding?

Another site said
"With proper well maintenance, your well pump can last, on average of 8 to 15 years, though many homeowners report their pumps lasting far longer, often between 20 and 30 years!"

I have no idea how old our pump is, it came with the house when we bought it 11 years ago. It did stop working a few years ago and the well guys found that one of the wires at the top of the well had fried at the top of the casing. They were able to fix that, JUST enough spare wire to do so.

Back
Top Bottom