The Old Folks Home

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Wisher1000, Jul 28, 2012.

1. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

Yup

Aussie meat pies are the best.

2. CanuckBock

CanuckBock THE Village Ijit

Oct 25, 2013
    Alberta, Canada
    My Coop
    You shoulda guessed it... I heard that chocolate milk was invented so they could sell milk that was past its due date by disguising the "off" taste...oh gag me! [​IMG]

Not sure I won't blush a bit if I do a translation...oh well here goes...Sigh...having to translate the Queen's English, eh? [​IMG]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Crikey (expression of mock surprise in a humorous way) Mate (Dude or Fella, Buddy, Friend), I suspect you are quite ace (right, excellent, very good).

I hear underneath the Southern Stars (Australia...reference not only to the country's flag but the Star of Federation-seven sided star for the states/territories, and then the four stars in the Southern Cross used for navigation which is a constellation that is seen by the whole continent), the Four'N'Twenty (famous pie maker) dog's eyes (fast food "meat pies") are grouse (terrific, great, good) but I suspect they could be a bit bodgy (bad or inferior in quality) if you are not into fast foods and a throw down (small sized bottle of beer like a Butcher)? I've had a Crow Eater (Southern Australian, this one I refer to is from NSW) tell me they are cooee (within, near, close) better than a Dingo's breakfast (stretch, yawn, pee and a look about but NO food) so I'd be dinkum (genuine, true, real) to give them a burl (give it a try, a go) maybe once if I was on a Bludger's (lazy bloke's) chuck a sickie (pretend day off from work, holiday). [​IMG]

It's a Dill's (idiot's) furphy (rumour) to think it's only an accent, eh? (Canadian speak for "I'm warming up my frozen fingers...again!")

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So does it sorta make some sense now? [​IMG]

Hooroo,

Tara - Who's troppo gone to Woop Woop..."Gonna find me some dawg eyes since Oz gave them the true blue tucker seal of approval!"

3. scottcaddy

scottcaddy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nah, still doesn't make sense[​IMG]

5. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

I understood every expression. The syntax could use some work and a couple of words are very regional but not a bad effort.

Well done

Now go try an Aussie Meat pie - coincidently, I am having an English Beef Pastie for dinner.

6. IttyBiddyRedHen

IttyBiddyRedHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2011
    East coast
    Awww....one of my broody hatch babies is dying [​IMG] Of the 6 remaining that hatched last Friday, he was having trouble walking. Scooting around on his bottom. Couldn't keep up. I moved them all including mama to a bigger wire cage, so they could have more room and not trample him as bad.
    He improved Sat-Monday, Eating, drinking, walking, bouncing around. But he would stop and rest more often then the others.

Today, I was out mowing, went to check on them at 11, he was sitting all by himself with his little eyes closed. The other 8 chicks were running and bouncing..following mama all over the run.
    He is going downhill....poor little baby. I brought him in and tried to feed him egg yolk...but he is resting his head down, down and just breathing. I know it is normal to lose them sometimes, but this will be the first loss from a broody hatch. The other one was lost from an incubator hatch...when we bought chicks in 2012. [​IMG]

7. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    I am sorry to hear about the poor thing. It does happen like that. I had one that hatched die over night this week. It might have been smashed but I did not have too may in with them in the brooder. It was likely failure to thrive.

8. tnspursfan09

tnspursfan09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2013
    Limestone, TN
    [​IMG]

9. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

@tnspursfan09 great avatar pic!!!!!

10. IttyBiddyRedHen

IttyBiddyRedHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2011
    East coast
    Yes. "Failure to thrive". It is just not robust like its hatch mates. Poor little thing. It was even feathering out, so I know it was getting food and water. But now it is way past weak.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by