The Old Folks Home

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Wisher1000, Jul 28, 2012.

1. tnspursfan09

tnspursfan09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2013
    Limestone, TN
    Maddy and her favorite, Tinkerbell.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

Speaking of Pig Semen...

My three oldest gilts - pig number one, pig number two and pig number three (and I swore I was not going to name them) are ready to breed within a month. On Thursday, pig 21 (the boar) started refusing food and water and became lethargic with no other signs or symptoms.Following being force fed 4 gallons of electrolyte water and vit b complex shots he is making a recovery but still barely eating. It made us think about back ups. Pigs are expensive to feed and have to be producing babies so it is important we follow our time lines.

So last night a found a Philippine based pig semen supplier!!! The girls all got shots of PG600 last night and should come into estrus by sunday or monday. 21 days later i will get a package by courier with 3 nice boars' body fluids.

The company has sold 180,000 doses at 20 bucks a dose. 3.6 million in 6 years. Mrs Oz wants me to bring in some prize winning boar semen from USA and go into competition. Goats too while I am at it.

CocoBeach Body Fluids will be born!!

The adventure continues.

1 person likes this.
  3. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    Oz still working my way north. :) SCG is in the air heading toward Denver. I will have some spectacular pics to post when I get settled.
    [​IMG]
    May in Utah

4. Noncentzter

Noncentzter Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2009
    Southern Oregon Coast
    What an adventure!

5. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

An estimated 1,044,800 birds were killed or lost in Mississippi and another 181,000 were lost in Alabama after tornadoes struck April 27-28. Between the two states, about 60 poultry houses were destroyed.

Thats a lot of chickens

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  6. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    OK home, unpacked and the clothes are in the washer. I have a bit of time before I have to go do the chores. Here are some from our jaunt to Horseshoe Bend and Yellow Rock.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    The next day we went to a place in Arizona called White Pocket. It was amazing!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This shot is SCG on one of the formations

[​IMG]
    This is DH in the "bowl" like area. This gives you an idea of the scale of the place.
    [​IMG]

This is SCG and me. This was such a gorgeous place to go to even if the road to it took a 4WD vehicle and was kind of scary because it was deep sand and I thought we were going to get stuck. DH got us in and out safely though. [​IMG]

8. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

awesome pics

you simply must come over to the Phils. You will need lots of memory cards

Mrs Oz is off with the kids to the other side of the Island in a few minutes.

There is a deep but narrow chanel between two islands - Cebu and Negros and its the perfect place to swim with whale sharks.

Unfortunately my underwater housings are all in USA but somebody will get a few pics.

9. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    The next day we did Coyote Buttes south. It isn't "the Wave" but in some ways it was better because it was bigger, it had more colors, and we were there by ourselves until we were leaving. It was breathtaking.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    Yesterday was our last hike. It was 9 miles total and we were wore out by the end. I have to say it was worth the hike though.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now our most excellent adventure is over for this year. Kind of sad but it was a ton of fun. I said this last year and I say it again this year, anyone needing someone to go hiking with should invite SCG over. She is a great hiking buddy. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by