The Old Folks Home

An estimated 1,044,800 birds were killed or lost in Mississippi and another 181,000 were lost in Alabama after tornadoes struck April 27-28. Between the two states, about 60 poultry houses were destroyed.

Thats a lot of chickens
wow. Wonder what that is going to do to chicken prices in the stores, short term. that's a lot of poultry loss in one pass and those houses won't be back in production any time soon.

What amazing pictures!!!! thank you so much for sharing
love.gif

Awesome pics, wow, thanks so much for sharing - and I agree, 9 miles totally worth it, those shots are beautiful!

Oz, I don't know how you ever leave the lanai.

DiDi, those photos are amazing! Man, I live right close to that and haven't been in years. I see, that it is time!! Can you believe the diversity in that area of our state? Red Rocks, rivers that bend forever deep in a canyon, and then, to find a place with beautiful little springs, and water falls. Just beautiful.

wow.   Wonder what that is going to do to chicken prices in the stores, short term.  that's a lot of poultry loss in one pass and those houses won't be back in production any time soon.

What amazing pictures!!!!  thank you so much for sharing :love

While that sounds like a lot of chickens (and is) that is only 5% of the number of broilers produced in Alabama each week (20 million produced weekly). And Alabama is only number 3 in broiler chicken production. If my memory serves me correctly GA and MS are numbers 1 and 2.

a giant canadian quail egg in a very small canadian's hand?

either that or a goose

Brat!
roll.png

That is MY hand and we all know I am super sized...

Mystery egg in middle...top is Crested Duck, to right is Buff Tufted Goose, bottom is Lilac turkey, and left is standard Chantecler chicken.

Any more guesses (quail...really? I love the California ones tho - Callipepla californica) ... NOT Canadian Quail.
lau.gif

Tara

Back
Top Bottom