The Old Folks Home

its one of those swans you stole from my motherland - along with the blueys

Yah...yes, three stolen from Oz and one we stole from Holland but I don't speak Dutch, so we are not on speaking terms with that cob.

Not just blueys...got the reddies too...and use to have a Rosy Burke...I like yer critters, eh? And yer boots...my Crow Eater friend brought me a pair of RM Williams when she brought some of her Stumpies here to new homes. I chaired the committee to have the Australian Stumpy Tailed Cattle Dogs fully recognized by the Canadian Kennel Club. Another great dog of Australia.

The egg is an Australian Black Swan egg from the pen named Black Pearl (I told Rick she was nesting...he wouldn't believe me!).

This is the very first swan egg I've ever seen, held and makes me feel like a little silly kid...and that's saying something at my ripe old age (like cheese!).
lol.png

Tara

DH bought me a graphics card today. I've been needing one for awhile. It's soooooo quiet compared to the other one. My games run without a hiccup too. The older chicks are outside on the porch in their pen. All is well in my world for now.

DH bought me a graphics card today. I've been needing one for awhile. It's soooooo quiet compared to the other one. My games run without a hiccup too. The older chicks are outside on the porch in their pen. All is well in my world for now.
my brain needs data - i cannot and have never have enjoyed computer games but envy those who can put their lives in nuetral some times.

I just finished reading a 300 page study on water buffaloes. last night was chicken genetics and pig semen - now there is some entertainment.

My PC is a frankenstein I built with 6 core AMD processor, 16 GB of RAM, a decent 2GB graphics card and 5 TB of hard disks inside. The "Windows Experience" score using the properties function is 6.4

I do download the odd movie and lack the patience to wait 4 miliseconds for a page to load
lau.gif

I have a few photos saved as well.

Warning: I have a couple of graphic pics to post, because I would like some help. I have no idea what is killing my birds through my hardware cloth covered brooder.
Please let me know if you have seen this before or know what is doing this to my birds. I have lost several already and have been going crazy!

Hardware cloth everywhere there is not wood. Plus I did put a solid peice of tin inside the brooder for them to sleep on to try to keep them safe. My dogs never made a sound and sleep abt. 20" from this brooder. And two days in a row I found this. No body parts are missing just plucked to death. One was on the wire bottom and one was on the tin. I have three others that were injured.

Hardware cloth everywhere there is not wood. Plus I did put a solid peice of tin inside the brooder for them to sleep on to try to keep them safe. My dogs never made a sound and sleep abt. 20" from this brooder. And two days in a row I found this. No body parts are missing just plucked to death. One was on the wire bottom and one was on the tin. I have three others that were injured.
Is there blood? Mink (a type of weasel) can get through a gap as small as 1" and don't eat the flesh but drink the blood.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/mink-chicken-predators-how-to-protect-your-chickens-from-mink

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom