The Old Folks Home

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Wisher1000, Jul 28, 2012.

1. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

I am chipping away at the website - the basic design layout is done but now I have to work on the content.

This is going to be more than a website to sell chickens. I am trying to make a website full of information and resources for the back yard chicken fancier as the hobby grows.

Lots and lots of work.

I just turned on the AC as my PC generated a lot of warmth. I felt like I was sitting in a brooder.

2. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    I had finally gotten to upper 80's - low 90's, typical May weather here, but a front (which brought us about 3" of much needed rain) has dropped us back into the 70's for the next few days. Lovin' it! Perfect weather for outdoor projects! (What the heck an I doing in here? I'm burnin' daylight!)

3. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

Not smart - just bored. LOL

Living 7500 miles away from my family and farm drastically reduces my chore factor.

I could be watching TV or visiting web sites that get me in trouble or research stuff.

Reasearch keeps my brain active.

The http://www.feedipedia.org/ was a revelation for me. I read almost every single product on there looking to see if I could adapt them for my environment. I am glad you appreciate the link

4. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    So, reading along, and it finally hits me, I may have said something that could be taken the wrong way. I really didn't mean to..sometimes my foot goes into my mouth without thinking...glad you can't see that through the computer..and then I type along, just putting my two cents out there. I didn't mean to take away from all of the good studying and to say it isn't a good thing to do what you guys do..knowing all of the good ways to feed.
    Someone had to know their stuff to put my feed, lay mash together, glad they did. :) Oz, you are like one of my Aunts. She reads everything out there. And, even writes some. It really is good to keep the brain busy with knowledgeable things. I know I've learned a lot on BYC. I come running to here if I have a question. Always a place to find the answer. My reading just so happens to not be..on feed. lol..I didn't know there was so much to know. It is interesting. Even went to your link. Wow.
    Ask me anything about certain birth defects. Did a lot of reading on that back in the day.
    Ask me about dogs. Ask me about cats. That's where a lot of my reading used to be as I rescued and fostered. Ask me about certain plants. Ask me about snorkling. I do know a little about chickens now too. [​IMG]

5. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe True BYC Addict

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    Where have you snorkeled?

6. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    Or you could hang out on BYC and do a little of both.[​IMG]

7. Dragonfly216

Dragonfly216 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2013
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Lol! I gotcha. I would want to do something to keep my mind occupied too. I know it must drive you crazy to be so far from your family! I'm glad everything is finally working out for you guys with your babies. And I do really appreciate that link. Unbeknownst to you, I've been copying a lot of the stuff you say about incubators and now feed ;-)

And it's all good Cynthia! I didn't mean to bore anyone, I just knew there are a lot of educated chicken folks here, especially on this, my most favorite thread! :) I value you guys' opinions! And truly appreciate the sharing of your research!

8. bamadude

bamadude Overrun With Chickens

Jan 26, 2014
    skipperville
    Oz if u have a forum on ur site; i want to apply for the moderator position. There seem to be no qualifications or even common sense involved in that job.

9. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

BYC is one of the sites that gets me into trouble [​IMG]

I have 3078 words so far today in a word document for the web site - and thats just one page.

I must continue.

10. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    I went out early this morning and got some pictures from just around the area. Hope you enjoy them
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by