The Old Folks Home

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Wisher1000, Jul 28, 2012.

1. bamadude

bamadude Overrun With Chickens

Jan 26, 2014
    skipperville
    I asked them for it when i first got my chicks. Now they carry quite a few types of animal feed. Horse, pig, chicken. I think alot of ace hardware stores are independently owned. It wouldnt hurt to ask for it.

2. Dragonfly216

Dragonfly216 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2013
    Birmingham, Alabama

Oh wow, that would be wonderful! Thank you so much!

3. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe True BYC Addict

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    Thanks but I'm in a co-op thing here for feed and seed.

4. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

i love them.

many years ago I went rogue at work and decided to make x -ray and angiogram images available on line to cardiologists. This is industry standard these days but basically untried back then.

rather long story but the short version is godaddy helped we all the way along - especially with SSL stuff.

they are great

5. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    [​IMG] Here comes the heat..and I don't do heat real well. :/ I used to go out in my little 2 piece swimming suit and love the ocean visits. Didn't mind the heat at all. Or, being in a swimsuit for that matter. [​IMG] I did say, used to...

Last edited: May 17, 2014
  6. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe True BYC Addict

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    I've had to wear a coat the last 3 mornings. Upper 30s to about 40. A high of 60 today. Pretty cool for May here. We're supposed to warm up a little next week.

7. Hangtown Farms

Hangtown Farms Overrun With Chickens

May 19, 2012
    PLACERVILLE CALIFORNIA
    Sacramento was around 100 Wednesday and Thursday

8. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Oh Hangtown, I dread the 100 degree weather. Happy for my air conditioner. I have one bird out there that is already panting. I'm telling her she is as bad as me. No, I'm not panting, but may just get there. I don't recall the warmer weather getting to me this early last year. Oh well, it could be that up down up down Utah weather. Our bodies are trying to acclimate, but no, not yet. We will be cooling off in a few days. Back to the 60's.

Canoe, hope you all get a bit warmer than it is..a coat, really? In Mo. at this time of year. I was born in Kansas City Mo. Moved when I was young, don't remember it too well, but did go back and visit my dad years ago..a couple of times. Very pretty.

9. superchemicalgirl

superchemicalgirl HEN PECKED

Jan 10, 2010
    Vacationland, Maine
    Seems like we have similar weather. Still really cool here, too cold to plant anything but cool crops in the ground. The leaves on our trees are still not completely out.

In good news, it's still not time to mow the lawn. We only do that a handful of times a year usually from June to early August.

10. Dragonfly216

Dragonfly216 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2013
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Wow! I knew from reading your GTFOH thread that you were a smart guy, but that's some great stuff! Thank you for sharing your research with me! It looks like I may have to wait until I have a pretty large flock to buy my individual ingredients, but that gives me a good idea, and that website will be great to have. I appreciate it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by