The Old Folks Home

I recommend The Hangman's Daughter. It was a 99 cent book on amazon when I went to Utah, and was a very nice read for that price without a lot of cerebral interaction on my part.

My flight will be anywhere from 13-16 hrs

I have a tablet with 60 movies from 2014 and 2013 on it. The problem with the movies on the planes is as that I travel so often, and they only change out a couple a month, I have seen them all.

I also have 20 or 30 PDF files of research articles ranging from Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement to studies on Warfarin vs the "bans" to the latest AHA guidelines on hypertension and lipid management.

Then there are the poultry and swine research articles if I am feeling more like a farmer than a hospital administrator.

If they fail, there is always 1mg Alpazolam prn.

I get on the plane at 9:30PM, have a nice business class meal service with a Scotch and a movie. Thats gives me 3 hours sleep.

Hopefully its a non-stop flight but it depends on the winds and how many boxes of luggage are on the plane. Its often not known till twenty minutes before departure. then its just 13 hrs

If the plane stops to refuel in Honululu, it is tough to get back to sleep so I seek the aid of a nice benzo. Its 9 hours then to Manila so I get six hours sleep and wake to breakfast and watch a movie.

If the plane stops to refuel in Guam, it is only three hours to Manila so I read, have breakfast and watch a movie.

I am using an upgrade coupon so I wont know if I am flying business class till flight time.

Should I be in economy, out comes the whole medicine cabinet and I will request a wheelchair to make sure I get to my connecting flight LOL.

I may need a pulse oximeter with the alarm strapped to my ear to remind me to breath.

My flight will be anywhere from 13-16 hrs

I have a tablet with 60 movies from 2014 and 2013 on it. The problem with the movies on the planes is as that I travel so often, and they only change out a couple a month, I have seen them all.

I also have 20 or 30 PDF files of research articles ranging from Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement to studies on Warfarin vs the "bans" to the latest AHA guidelines on hypertension and lipid management.

Then there are the poultry and swine research articles if I am feeling more like a farmer than a hospital administrator.

If they fail, there is always 1mg Alpazolam prn.

I get on the plane at 9:30PM, have a nice business class meal service with a Scotch and a movie. Thats gives me 3 hours sleep.

Hopefully its a non-stop flight but it depends on the winds and how many boxes of luggage are on the plane. Its often not known till twenty minutes before departure. then its just 13 hrs

If the plane stops to refuel in Honululu, it is tough to get back to sleep so I seek the aid of a nice benzo. Its 9 hours then to Manila so I get six hours sleep and wake to breakfast and watch a movie.

If the plane stops to refuel in Guam, it is only three hours to Manila so I read, have breakfast and watch a movie.

I am using an upgrade coupon so I wont know if I am flying business class till flight time.

Should I be in economy, out comes the whole medicine cabinet and I will request a wheelchair to make sure I get to my connecting flight LOL.

I may need a pulse oximeter with the alarm strapped to my ear to remind me to breath.

Do you have any experience with the watchman device?

Your last sentence made me giggle. I highly recommend traveling with a pharmacist (Got diarrhea? I can help. Headache? Check) but now I'm thinking I should travel with a doc.

Do you have any experience with the watchman device?

Your last sentence made me giggle. I highly recommend traveling with a pharmacist (Got diarrhea? I can help. Headache? Check) but now I'm thinking I should travel with a doc.

I oversaw the clinical trials on both the Watchman Device and the Aplatzer Septal Occluder at a major teaching hospital in LA as their cardiology manager and have assisted in many of the procedures to implant them.

Operator experience is critical in sizing and placement of the devices so that there is full occlusion.

A lot of insurance companies wont cover them as they consider them experimental but that will change as data increases. The switching of many patients from warfarin (very cheap) to the "bans" (very expensive) may push the insurance companies along a little faster.

Last edited:
I taut i taw a puddy tat?

And sorry, guys, I got excited. I've had an interest in the watchman devices for a number of years now and got carried away, forgetting where I was. I'll take it to PMs.

Last edited:
I oversaw the clinical trials on both the Watchman Device and the Aplatzer Septal Occluder at a major teaching hospital in LA as their cardiology manager and have assisted in many of the procedures to implant them.

Operator experience is critical in sizing and placement of the devices so that there is full occlusion.

A lot of insurance companies wont cover them as they consider them experimental but that will change as data increases. The switching of many patients from warfarin (very cheap) to the "bans" (very expensive) may push the insurance companies along a little faster.

Somebody help, please come and talk in sentences I can understand!! Like goo goo, ma ma, cook ee.

lau.gif
I thought watchman was a comic and movie....Now I need to find out what the heck it is. Darn straight If I ever get one it better provide full occlusion.....
Quote: Originally Posted by superchemicalgirl
It is the old folks home!

It is a bit more technical than most Hospital talk....By the way, did I ever show you my scar from my surgery????
gig.gif

Last edited:
On a different note...

Its 6AM and the kids are out having fun

Good Morning from the CocoBeach Kids

I carried that roller coaster over in my golf bag - a few weeks BC. It travels between Bacolod and the Beach House on the trailer every trip. The kids just love it.

Back
Top Bottom