The Old Folks Home

For each batch of soap I need 6.4 ounces of the 76 degree melt point type.

I have no idea if this is a little or a lot of effort for you.
this will be the "straight out of the coconut" melting point type.

we normally sell copra to a mill. They use heat to expell the oils.

The "good stuff" is cold pressed so I will need to rig up a press.

If i do it right, I may be bing back a 5 gallon drum of the stuff each trip as a new cottage industry.

I figure in the experimental stage I can easily make a half gallon.

When I go home I get a "spa" treatment on my lanai. It includes a manicure, pedicure and a coconut oil hair/scalp treatment

We grate coconut meat straight from the nut then gently heat it to extract the oils. While it is luke warm, its applied yo the scalp and massaged in. Its fairly close to heaven having the scalp massage with this warm, wonderful oil. Me who has a bit of psoriasis does not produce a flake for months.

It seems like another CocoBeach Farms product is being born.

I will also be bringing back jams and jellies made from all the fruits in season. I know for sure I will have Mango, Pinapple, Durian and Papaya. All organic. I sent over 6 cases of jars with the clothes people gave me for the local orphanage.

I love corn on the cob also can hardly wait till it comes into season. I love to make mine in the microwave in a microwaveable steamer,a little water in the bottom and cook 2 min. Per ear and done.i found that it keeps the kernels from getting mushy doing it this way.

this will be the "straight out of the coconut" melting point type.

we normally sell copra to a mill. They use heat to expell the oils.

The "good stuff" is cold pressed so I will need to rig up a press.

If i do it right, I may be bing back a 5 gallon drum of the stuff each trip as a new cottage industry.

I figure in the experimental stage I can easily make a half gallon.

When I go home I get a "spa" treatment on my lanai. It includes a manicure, pedicure and a coconut oil hair/scalp treatment

We grate coconut meat straight from the nut then gently heat it to extract the oils. While it is luke warm, its applied yo the scalp and massaged in. Its fairly close to heaven having the scalp massage with this warm, wonderful oil. Me who has a bit of psoriasis does not produce a flake for months.

It seems like another CocoBeach Farms product is being born.

I will also be bringing back jams and jellies made from all the fruits in season. I know for sure I will have Mango, Pinapple, Durian and Papaya. All organic. I sent over 6 cases of jars with the clothes people gave me for the local orphanage.

I can't wait to see your pictures of this process. Spare me the spa pictures, I'll just be green with jealousy.

My next door neighbor just royally ticked me off. (This is much milder language than I am feeling right now.)

I am saving the voice mail message he left (listened to it after he tromped up to my house to tell me to get rid of "anything that makes noise") because I may play it for a deputy IF I decide to escalate things and call about the threat to shoot my geese. HE "gave" me a week. I countered with "by May 31st."

The geese are nesting, which is why they are so noisy right now. Using profane language, he told me the other neighbors moved because they couldn't stand it any more. Personally, I don't think that's my problem - somebody's decision to move (for whatever reason they deem necessary) is still THEIR decision.

He said, "Now the turkeys are going at it." (Two days ago he told me the turkeys were "okay.")

"Well, you're on the property, and that upsets them."

Whilst standing in the doorway of my covered porch, he referred to the voice mail message I hadn't yet heard; he had said he'd take a shotgun to "shut up the f'n geese." When he relayed that bit of information, I stopped being nice and placating in response to his anger. "No, you won't," I said, quite sharply. He acknowledged he might not shoot them because he didn't want to be arrested, but he WOULD take his f'n knife and f'n slit their f'n throats. (He used the real word quite liberally.). "I CAN do that."

That's when I finally snapped. "No, you can't. You harm my livestock and I'll have your ***. We're done - I said I'd take care of moving them no later than May 31st. We're done now." I snatched the screen door out of his grasp, closed and locked it, turned on my heel and went into the house, slamming the front door as hard as I could.

He'd had the gall to start telling me I could carry five gallon buckets of water for my f'n geese at the new property (in lieu of building a pond for them first, which has been my plan...)

Yes, the geese are really loud and noisy. New people moving in on that side are strangers, with different cars driving in and out, and kids love to run back and forth along the fence to watch the turkeys, ducks, chickens, and geese. That starts 'em off. Yelling at them does NOT make them shut up, though.

I do know that as soon as I have the geese moved to the Ranch, with adequate and secure housing, I will be reporting weapons fire to the Sheriff's Department every time that neighbor starts to "target shoot" with his high caliber and/or automatic weapons. He has several of both, as well as the shotgun he threatened to use. He likes to show off his special guns for visiting friends and relations. Local ordinance says three acre minimum for shooting practice. He has less than two.

The voice mail message just might come in handy then.

All I can say Canoe is..Bless your heart.

And thank you for the prayers everyone. My goodness, my heart is going to be doing well with all of the prayers offered here. Didn't expect that..how kind.

gryeyes, yes, save that message..and..be careful! Very careful. I wouldn't even talk to that person again. Get a restraint order from him coming around!

Linda

You need to get a restraining order right now. Also use the law to your advantage and file a complaint about the target practice - a shots fired responce by the cops will shut his dangerous target practice activity down.

Your birds are not breaking any laws. You are legally allowed to have them.

You are too nice. Time to get tough and stand your ground - well atleast let the law do it for you.

Linda

You need to get a restraining order right now. Also use the law to your advantage and file a complaint about the target practice - a shots fired responce by the cops will shut his dangerous target practice activity down.

Your birds are not breaking any laws. You are legally allowed to have them.

You are too nice. Time to get tough and stand your ground - well atleast let the law do it for you.

I agree on reporting him now. If you wait, reporting won't have as much significance (because you were able to wait weeks), and if something happens between now and then you will regret not informing the police. I would also put up a game cam pointed where this neighbor would come from and check it daily. Put up no trespassing signs (and put them up how the law requests it, here they have to be every certain number of feet or they are not legit).

I had kids from across the street walking onto my property with bb guns and shooting at my birds while I was at work one day. I had less ability to have that never happen again because I didn't have up no trespassing signs in the appropriate fashion (apparently three at intervals coming up your driveway and one coming up the "path" that they use sometimes in lieu of the driveway isn't sufficient).

Linda so sorry to hear that your neighbors are giving you a hard time again. Please follow what Oz and SCG suggested. They are excellent suggestions. SCG is right, if you wait to file for a restraining order, you could have a harder time showing you were worried about your safety or the safety of your livestock. I would also keep your phone handy with you and learn how to turn on the recorder quickly if you need it. My brother has used recordings off his phone many times in cases. You might need to find out what the laws are when it comes to recordings in your state. Good luck to you and I hope things settle down.
hugs.gif

SCG explain how a full bag of tees broken during practice is the definition of "great"?
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom