The Old Folks Home

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Wisher1000, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Latestarter

Latestarter Overrun With Chickens

Mar 18, 2014
    North East Texas
    OK Oz, so now you have me excited here! [​IMG] I want one of those! Being a conspiracy theorist (and mildly concerned about the prospect of a Govt initiated/caused zombie apocalypse) this would be great located outside my bunker! [​IMG] Maybe I should have 2 so I'd have a back-up [​IMG]

2. chickisoup

chickisoup one Blessed chicki Premium Member

3. chickisoup

chickisoup one Blessed chicki Premium Member

Oooo, me too!!! Bears, coyotes, wolves, bobcat, cougar, weasels, fisher, pine martin, ermine, mink, fox, owls, hawks, eagles, turkey vultures and the stray bear dog???? NO PROBLEM!!![​IMG]

4. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

now we just need nano technology guns to get nematodes, mites and lice as they sneak into the coop

5. superchemicalgirl

superchemicalgirl HEN PECKED

Jan 10, 2010
    Vacationland, Maine
    If you're going to snuggle it wouldn't you prefer it in pelt form over stuffed? Perhaps we can make a trade for some of that oil.

Seems a bit pricy when I can just sit on the porch with the gun or get it in the trap, get a good nights sleep and then shoot it in the morning.

[​IMG] Don't forget neighbors.

6. bamadude

bamadude Overrun With Chickens

Jan 26, 2014
    skipperville
    I have cottontail rabbits getting in my garden. I hear they are delicious. I just got a new 12 guage single shot.

7. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

I am used to waking up with claws in my back [​IMG] but I will certainly trade!!

That little gun is perfect for those who have everything - but especially neighbors

8. superchemicalgirl

Jan 10, 2010
    Vacationland, Maine
    Sorry, Oz. We are just not the proud owner of a weasel pelt this morning. The traps are sprung and flipped, however, and the meat in them is shredded. None of this triggered the game cam. [​IMG]

9. chickadoodles

chickadoodles True BYC Addict

Feb 28, 2013
    South West Alabama
    My hens have been so hot and panting like crazy so we got them a pool to cool off in and they love it. I put one in both runs.

[​IMG]

10. superchemicalgirl

Jan 10, 2010
    Vacationland, Maine
    That's hilarious looks like your chicken is about to do a cannonball into it.

When my turkeys get hot they go and stand in the middle of the rubber bucket waterer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by