The Old Folks Home

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Wisher1000, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Latestarter

Latestarter True BYC Addict

Mar 18, 2014
    North East Texas
    IMHO... there is altogether too much of this [​IMG] and not near enough of this [​IMG] There is virtually NO accountability anymore, and nobody is held responsible. Rather than deal with an issue or problem, we're told to "walk away" or "turn the other cheek" or "just don't get involved.' Because after all, as we all know, avoiding a problem or pretending it doesn't exist makes the problem "go away" or... not exist. Of course the TRUTH is the problem will NOT go away, and simply continues to grow. Political correctness is a disease. It's past time to cure it. Now I'm pretty sure since I have voiced a counter opinion here, that I may soon join Bama in BYC jail. I already got my wrist slapped once for "stating the obvious."

I have cut and pasted this to a saved file (Forgot to do that on my last "rant") so that should I indeed get chastised, I can PM what I wrote to anyone interested.

1 person likes this.
  2. Pozees

Pozees Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2012
    Pueblo, CO
    Congratulations!
    LOL
    I think there may be too much leaping to conclusions, taking things in ways they are not intended, and failing to ask clarifying questions. I've been guilty of it myself many times, it's hard to outgrow, I find. I'll just keep working at it.
    There is nothing wrong with having conversation, it's just hard to write in a way that accurately reflects your tone, and, it is easy to post something you and another member consider hilarious without realizing how it sounds to someone with a different mindset, background, etc. Most of us never intend to offend, but that doesn't stop it from happening.

Just my opinion, and I'm wrong more often than not :)

3. bamadude

bamadude Overrun With Chickens

Jan 26, 2014
    skipperville
    Imho there is alot of tattle telling. Whiney butts and etc. This site is here for 1 purpose... to make $. Mods are instructed to shut down conflicts to make sponsers believe all crazy chicken folks think alike.

4. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    Well, I'm going to take the high ground and just ignore all this obvious trolling.[​IMG]

And now I can breathe again, the veterinarian just left.

Betsy, my mini mule, had foamy white slime coming out of both nostrils when I went out to feed this evening. That's called "choke," folks - an obstruction in the esophagus. It took a while, but the vet managed to clear it; now The Mule gets to do Banamine (horsey NSAID) and SMZ's (antibiotics) for the next few days. That's a drill that those of you that have horses know well, right? Tonight, I learned a new trick. The vet didn't want Betsy irritating her throat by eating anything, but we needed to get the SMZ's down her (trying to head off possible aspiration pneumonia). SMZ tablets dissolve readily in water, so using apple juice is a common trick. Didn't have any apple juice, but guess what? Betsy likes V8 juice, so wow, she can have a V8! [​IMG]

5. joannefiddler

joannefiddler Chillin' With My Peeps

:yuckyuck. Picturing the mule slapping herself on the forehead. ..tough when your joints don't bend the right way lol.

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I hope Betsy feels better soon [​IMG]

7. Pozees

Jul 8, 2012
    Pueblo, CO
    LOL I had the same thought!
    X2!

8. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Oh boy, our cherry trees did great this yr. Got a lot of zip lock bags full today!

[​IMG]

9. Pozees

Jul 8, 2012
    Pueblo, CO
    Oh yum!

10. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    Cynthia you can just send those my way. You don't want to eat those. They could be poison [​IMG] [​IMG] Actually they look delicious. We tried growing some cherry trees but failed epically. We are really bad at remembering to water. That is why we have a sprinkler system for the lawn.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by