The Old Folks Home

Sour does that mean we are safe if we use pm's instead? Just askin'.

Yes, it is better to use PMs. I was able to get someone that was attacking me to stop and remove the post before the Mods could step in.

You can still get in trouble with PMs though. It is a bit safer.

And according to moderator judy...u can red flag a private message but they usually dont get involved because u can block users or delete them without opening.

Sour does that mean we are safe if we use pm's instead? Just askin'.

Yes, it is better to use PMs. I was able to get someone that was attacking me to stop and remove the post before the Mods could step in.

You can still get in trouble with PMs though. It is a bit safer.

What Ron said - it is possible to call a jerk just that and ask what the real problem is however, going ballistic with profanity is still uncool. My abrupt style in replying to some posts has upon occasion inadvertently aggravated some (generally kids) - I use the block in those instances.

In a couple of instances the 'offended' or 'offensive' and I were also able to come to an understanding. Early on Redhen and I had a bit of a 'do' - we ended up being really good friends.

Last edited:
Gee, Sour, how could anyone ever have a problem with someone as mild mannered and charming as redhen?
idunno.gif

Don't reckon diva's ever seen your "grumpy old man" bit. Dare I say, "typecasting?"
tongue.png

Well, this is a public forum, after all. I've certainly said things in PM that I didn't want to share with the whole world, but I can see that there would need to be limits. I can see that Nifty and the gang don't want to be a vehicle for some really unsafe or unsavory types of contact, so a certain amount of transparency would be needed even in PM.
hu.gif

Well, this is a public forum, after all. I've certainly said things in PM that I didn't want to share with the whole world, but I can see that there would need to be limits. I can see that Nifty and the gang don't want to be a vehicle for some really unsafe or unsavory types of contact, so a certain amount of transparency would be needed even in PM.
hu.gif

Yes I can see since they want to keep this a "family friendly" site why they may want the PM's to not get too inflammatory as well. I understand that you can block people but it you have someone who is just trolling for trouble by pestering a bunch of people, then I can see why the mods should be able to see the PM's too. We all have other ways to discuss things that don't need to be discussed on this forum, although you can be in FB "jail" too from what I understand.
wink.png
I look at it this way, they post the rules, encourage all new comers to read them and then expect everyone to follow them. I think that is fair. If I didn't like it, I could easily go to another site. Just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom