The Old Folks Home

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Wisher1000, Jul 28, 2012.

1. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    Yes, it is better to use PMs. I was able to get someone that was attacking me to stop and remove the post before the Mods could step in.

You can still get in trouble with PMs though. It is a bit safer.

2. bamadude

bamadude Overrun With Chickens

Jan 26, 2014
    skipperville
    Thanks diva. I will take better pics later.

3. bamadude

bamadude Overrun With Chickens

Jan 26, 2014
    skipperville
    And according to moderator judy...u can red flag a private message but they usually dont get involved because u can block users or delete them without opening.

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey

What Ron said - it is possible to call a jerk just that and ask what the real problem is however, going ballistic with profanity is still uncool. My abrupt style in replying to some posts has upon occasion inadvertently aggravated some (generally kids) - I use the block in those instances.

In a couple of instances the 'offended' or 'offensive' and I were also able to come to an understanding. Early on Redhen and I had a bit of a 'do' - we ended up being really good friends.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  5. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    Gee, Sour, how could anyone ever have a problem with someone as mild mannered and charming as redhen?[​IMG]

Don't reckon diva's ever seen your "grumpy old man" bit. Dare I say, "typecasting?"[​IMG]

6. superchemicalgirl

superchemicalgirl HEN PECKED

Jan 10, 2010
    Vacationland, Maine
    Your PMs get censored and they can be read by moderators. Not exactly my idea of private.

[​IMG]

7. Bunnylady

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    Well, this is a public forum, after all. I've certainly said things in PM that I didn't want to share with the whole world, but I can see that there would need to be limits. I can see that Nifty and the gang don't want to be a vehicle for some really unsafe or unsavory types of contact, so a certain amount of transparency would be needed even in PM.[​IMG]

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    In other words when I am feeling [​IMG] I better [​IMG]

9. Bunnylady

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    Isn't that usually the case IRL, too?

10. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    Yes I can see since they want to keep this a "family friendly" site why they may want the PM's to not get too inflammatory as well. I understand that you can block people but it you have someone who is just trolling for trouble by pestering a bunch of people, then I can see why the mods should be able to see the PM's too. We all have other ways to discuss things that don't need to be discussed on this forum, although you can be in FB "jail" too from what I understand. [​IMG] I look at it this way, they post the rules, encourage all new comers to read them and then expect everyone to follow them. I think that is fair. If I didn't like it, I could easily go to another site. Just my opinion.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by