The Old Folks Home

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Wisher1000, Jul 28, 2012.

1. subhanalah

subhanalah Overrun With Chickens

it's English, so you can spell it exactly as you want!

2. bamadude

bamadude Overrun With Chickens

Jan 26, 2014
    skipperville
    I feel like i know u people who shared the meanings of ur screen names better. Thank u all for sharing. There are still quite a few who didnt chime in.

3. chickisoup

chickisoup one Blessed chicki Premium Member

Mine has no meaning except I am kind of famous in my small world for my skills with soup making (I grow and cure all my own herbs and seasonings) and the chicki part is kind of obvious :D

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  4. lularat

lularat Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2013
    NC
    I have had pet rats for a number of years and my first one was named Lula (lularat) She was a very special little lady.

5. Latestarter

Latestarter Overrun With Chickens

Mar 18, 2014
    North East Texas
    <---- just as it implies... got into this chicken business late in life... but better to start some time [​IMG] Secondary meaning is that I am definitely NOT a morning person... I need to win the lottery so I can retire again, and so I can start my days around 9-9:30 or so, vice 5am or so.

6. apteryx

apteryx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2013
    Alabama
    Apteryx is the genus name for kiwis, the national bird of New Zealand. People from New Zealand are called kiwis, and I am from New Zealand. I didn't go with kiwi because most people here think that a kiwi is a brown skinned fruit with a green center. We call them kiwifruit or Chinese gooseberries.

7. subhanalah

I call them delicious!
    I also adore kiwis! They are so cute!

Does anyone keep kiwis domestically?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Really no great story behind my name. I hybridize plants and had one called "Drumstick,"
    The cone made me look younger and thinner, so what the heck I'm a Diva too.

9. scottcaddy

scottcaddy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

And some of us had a very busy week-end, just catching up on 2+ days of posts (over 80 some I think)
    Scott is me, Caddy is my very smooth moving Walker cross horse that my DW bought me back in '92 as a yearling, and wild as a march Hare! I can drink a cold one at speed and not spill anything. That mare will do most anything I ask her to, and alot that I didn't want really want/need to do! [​IMG] or[​IMG] while the onlookers are [​IMG], [​IMG] or [​IMG]

Scott

10. subhanalah

cone?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by