The Old Folks Home

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Wisher1000, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    Kinda like Babs' life, I reckon a dead cricket would be "really borin'"

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  2. bamadude

bamadude Overrun With Chickens

Jan 26, 2014
    skipperville
    They keep pming me saying: the first rule of chicken club.....there is no chicken club

3. bamadude

bamadude Overrun With Chickens

Jan 26, 2014
    skipperville
    Or something about a reminder of our rules blah blah blah blah ..

4. Wisher1000

Wisher1000 Bama Biddy

I'm here, I'm here..... don't worry, Bamadude. I am back home and preparing to go back to work tomorrow. I have had my screen name for a very long time (it was actually my very first internet name) and back then I was suffering some old regrets and "wishing" I had done things differently.

I am so happy that you all have kept yourselves entertained by chatting up a storm while I was away. That's so cool!

You wouldn't be the first BYC guy to choose a screen name that was almost the same as mine, we had a Wisher2000 for a short time. I persuaded him and the mods to change it. Don't get yourself banned again, you may not be allowed back [​IMG] and I would miss you. Oh, and Dude, it's a Sig 40 cal.

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Wisher I understand, I would hate to think there might be other "Coneheads" out there - don't mind too much about the drumstick diva stuff - a lot of divas and drumsticks already circulating.

6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

I am seriously chuckling out loud here but I am not going to say why in case there is such a thing as being banned by association [​IMG]

Funny stuff! :)

7. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    For those of you worried about security, I am with Ron, they need a lot more than your real name to steal your identity. I have been using my real name on FB for years as my "avatar" and no one has ever stole my identity. You do have to be careful on what you share on social media and believe me sharing my name and where I live is not that scary. [​IMG] Welcome back Wisher.

8. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe True BYC Addict

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    I've never met anyone with the same last name and I've only met one person with the same first name. I don't think a person exists with the same pair.

That's pretty cool work. I've thought about ancestry.com but would hate to pay and find nothing there. I know there's no record of my grandfather at Ellis Island, I looked.
    That would make sense since he supposedly jumped ship.

What undesirable connotations praytell, or would that get us all banned?

That's why I haven't shared as much as I wanted. I'm paranoid.
    We share names, phone numbers and addresses on our local chicken group but it's private and one must join to see content.
    Good idea.

I'm really paranoid now. 10 years ago I googled my name and there were no entries. I just googled chickens and my name and came back with 3 pages including pictures, videos, newspaper and tv stories.

I can PM some links.

You're cruising, You're a rebel, oh that's right, you're bamadude.
    You remind me of a good friend I had from 'bama. He was from Muscle Shoals but moved back home. Haven't heard from him since.

Well, I've fished with dead crickets and live crickets. The live ones get a bite almost immediately.
    When the live ones were all gone, fishing really slowed down.
    So I'd say that bumper sticker is a true statement.

Maybe you'll get banned for your thoughts.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  9. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    "Banned for y our thoughts?" I'm in trouble, [​IMG]

10. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    Alas, have the "thought police" come to BYC? Surely not![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by