The Old Folks Home

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Wisher1000, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

At the risk of turning this into a cat-thread Gryeyes, I could not help but reply .....

You new kitty is gorgeous! Have you picked a name for her yet?

This is my little Chimee who is all grown up now and sadly those beautiful blue kitten eyes did not stay blue but she still has her 'milk moustache' and that little black patch on her chest is now heart-shaped :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Remembering our foundation, our founding fathers, and of course, God. My belief. :)
    [​IMG]

Also thinking of our troops, and their families..thank you for all you do!

3. bamadude

bamadude Overrun With Chickens

Jan 26, 2014
    skipperville
    X2

4. chickadoodles

chickadoodles True BYC Addict

Feb 28, 2013
    South West Alabama
    X2 and everyone else stay safe!

5. chickadoodles

Feb 28, 2013
    South West Alabama
    X2 Love the pic!

6. superchemicalgirl

superchemicalgirl HEN PECKED

Jan 10, 2010
    Vacationland, Maine
    Good morning! Thank you guys for sharing your kitties, very cute.

Happy 4th.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  7. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe True BYC Addict

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    I'm with you on the heat. I've always said I'd be happy if it never got over 60F. I've never understood why everyone loves to go camping over the 4th of July. I hate bugs and sweating when camping. Fall, winter and spring are the only times you'll catch me in a tent. Hating the heat makes me wonder why I'm still here. We do get a break from time to time - like right now. 2 years ago on the 4th of July it was 105 (41C) here. Right now it's 58 (14C) and we might not even hit 80 (27C) today.

The good thing about being right on the beach is there's always a cool breeze coming off the water.
    We used to have a charter airline here that went to Jamaica, Costa Rica and all over Mexico and at the last minute they would heavily discount tickets so we would always go wherever it was cheap. One time (on my wife's birthday) we went to the Riviera Maya for $50 each round trip. That and renting a Mayan hut on the beach with no running water made for a cheap trip.

The rest of the family loves the beach, I love the mountains. I'll take a ski vacation over any other type.

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Happy 4 th of July to all.

9. chickadoodles

Feb 28, 2013
    South West Alabama
    Happy fourth everyone!

10. Wisher1000

Wisher1000 Bama Biddy

Good Morning, Old Folks!

I am waxing nostalgic this morning and thinking of my many blessings. I guess it started with thinking of the Fourth and the country. I don't usually talk about or even dwell on the state of the government, but it has been weighing on my mind a lot lately and I guess has prompted me to take special note of "the bright side" of things, for balance.

I am so very thankful to live in the US and for all that it stands for. I often exercise my right to spout my grievances against her, but would defend (verbally or physically, if necessary) against anyone else that runs her down. I still stand for the pledge and the national anthem. I still teach my children to do the same. I believe that flag burning is wrong, unless it has touched the ground. I still get teary eyed when there are reports of American soldiers killed in foreign countries because I know he (or she) was there for all of us, and not only did he make that sacrifice, but his family and friends did as well.

Today is a national holiday. It celebrates the signing of the Declaration of Independence. Celebrate, relax and enjoy your freedom, eat some barbecue and watermelon, wave a flag, set off (or watch) some fireworks, and thank a soldier.

5 people like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by