The Old Folks Home

Oh, I wouldn't mind being wait deep in an ocean somewhere right now. Pretty photo. :)

LL

Quote: OH NO!!! Really?
barnie.gif
That's one that was supposed to be a girl!!! Well darn. They did say 90% accurate or money or replacements in return for wrong sexing. I like what I've read about them....may just get him a few ladies! How did your daughter like them?
Hey Dragonfly great pics looks like y'all had alot of fun! Love your little chicks they are so cute.
big_smile.png
Thank you!!! We had just the best time! I had never been there before and it was just ooooh and aaaaah all over the place! and thanks, I think they're pretty adorable myself!

Last edited:
Oh, I wouldn't mind being wait deep in an ocean somewhere right now. Pretty photo. :)

LL
Awesome!

So long as the sharks in the area were well fed.
And no 20ft waves! sometimes the Pacific Ocean(pacific means peaceful) is not so calm. A Lifeguard with 20 years on the job drowned in Southern CA this week rescuing a swimmer in 20ft waves. The Swimmer lived too.

OH NO!!! Really?
barnie.gif
That's one that was supposed to be a girl!!! Well darn. They did say 90% accurate or money or replacements in return for wrong sexing. I like what I've read about them....may just get him a few ladies! How did your daughter like them?

She adores them! They have nice personalities and the hens are very talkative and sweet. Roosters are good too, temperament wise, I don't think she's had any that were overly aggressive in ten years of raising them. Some are more friendly than others, which is to be expected.

She adores them! They have nice personalities and the hens are very talkative and sweet. Roosters are good too, temperament wise, I don't think she's had any that were overly aggressive in ten years of raising them. Some are more friendly than others, which is to be expected.
Wisher has Campines. Maybe you can get some from her?

I'm ba-ack

I am just finished up a six week stay. It's been fantastic to spend real time with my wife and family.

All the clothes generous people from byc donated have been distributed to the orphans and needy. I took a total of about 12 cubic feet of clothes

I have done a lot in six weeks. We successfully performed AI on three gilts and I have three more set up for the procedure in eight days.

Our goats have all given birth and we ended up with 4 doelings from 4 kids. All 50% Nubian. I am now arranging a new buck for the next generation in our goat improvement program.

The most recent hatch saw good numbers of cream legbars, new Hampshire, both silver laced and white crested black polish as well as Breda fowl.

I placed an ad on the internet classifieds and was inundated with requests. I sold over a thousand dollars worth of birds and has to stop selling to keep birds to build by breeding stock. I need a good fifty RIR hens and thiry barred rocks and buff Orps just to handle the back yarders. I also had multiple enquiries for day old brown egg layers in orders of 500 to 1000 that I have to restructure for. It looks like I am going from a crazy idea of having a few eggs per day to eat to becoming a full blown hatchery.

Its the monsoon season and our roof has dissolved from the salt so we are in the middle of replacing it with plastic ribbed roofing. The project will take another week.

Our feed delivery is a ton every two weeks and we are mixing our own feeds manually. I designed a motorized over sized compost tumbler to handle 500lbs at a time. It will take a few weeks to be built.

My wife and kids have been great to be around. Being a full time dad is awesome and can't wait for my family together

I hope your July 4 was grand

Oz!!! So glad you're back, we missed you and your pictures.

I've got some pictures to share. Anyone notice anything out of place under my coop?

No? How about from this angle?

Remember that skunk BF shot Friday night? The one that we couldn't locate?

Yeah... remember how I told you how awful my chicken coop smelled?

I assure you all that there is a worse smell than fresh skunk... It is 4-day-old-not-so-fresh-maggoty-skunk-with-fur-falling-off.
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom