The Old Folks Home

Was reading about Robin Williams. Guess he's struggled with substance abuse for decades. That would explain some of his..off the wall comedy. I really enjoyed some of his comedy, when it was clean. He sure could turn on a dime and be a completely different actor..a great serious actor. He was just in rehab in July..this last July. Drugs can bring you down..I think he was drinking a lot at this time.

Ducks, baby ducks! Wish I had a place for ducks. I've hatched them, sooo cute. I would love to have me some Harlequin ducks.

Sizzles, a mix of silkies..right? I have the frizzles. I have a white one that I just loving. I also have a blue that I love. The tail on that blue is soo cute.
Took these photos a few days ago. Check out that one in the back, it looks like it has a peacock top. It's a polish mix.

The body is frizzly, the head needs to get started..love the tail. Looks like a fan.

My splash silkie.

Only 6 months old, she's getting prettier every day.
Great pictures! Mine look like yours, except for my splash that has the curled back feathers on its head. I still don't know if the other two will develop that. I think not because the splash with a top knot had it from the beginning. From what Subhana told us, I guess mine are not any part silkie and are only half bantam frizzles. I really love those tails too!

Fine yesterday? Not today? That's a tough one. You probably did all of the checking you know to do. It's so hard to know chickadoodles..I'm sure someone will give you ideas as to how to help, if it's possible..like the electrolytes. Maybe he's not drinking..so you will have to get some down him.
sad.png

Fine yesterday? Not today? That's a tough one. You probably did all of the checking you know to do. It's so hard to know chickadoodles..I'm sure someone will give you ideas as to how to help, if it's possible..like the electrolytes. Maybe he's not drinking..so you will have to get some down him.
sad.png
Thanks Cynthia, that is what I am trying to do now. I washed to poo off and wrapped him in a towel and I am giving him some electrolytes by a dropper. Now he is making a low growling type noise? Kind of a gurgle, I hope I did not drown him!

Thanks Cynthia, that is what I am trying to do now. I washed to poo off and wrapped him in a towel and I am giving him some electrolytes by a dropper. Now he is making a low growling type noise? Kind of a gurgle, I hope I did not drown him!
That is not a good sign.

hugs.gif

Stuff like this happens from:

Injury
Poison
liver problems

One person had fast death from eating rats that died from poison.

I would take him in for culling and Necropsy here at UCD to see if it was something that would kill other chickens in the flock. If he died I would do that too.

Necropsy is free for us here.

I was looking at your photos but it wouldn't let me leave a comment. I wanted to warn you that the building in back, looks like it will topple at any minute. Whew, glad you and Karin are OKAY. BTW Karin is very attractive and young, sorry I can't see you well except you are tall & slim - good combination.
You'll have to do what I did. Go to their profile and click on the picture til it fills the screen. Then you can see what this cute couple looks like. : )

I love looking at all the sizzle and frizzle chicken pics and Cynthia I love your frizzled polish it is so cute with its top knot! Felix I am also getting a bunch of tiny pullet eggs right now. I am collecting them to make some pickled eggs.

So sad to lose Robin Williams.
hit.gif
Bantam eggs are fabulous for pickling as they are "one biters".

Thank you Ron for being so helpful!

I am very careful about feeding the birds and I do not have any rat poison out or any other poison out where they could get into it. If he does not make it I will send him for Necropsy. I just hope he makes it!
fl.gif
You are doing the best thing for him. Separation, water and electrolytes. I give them a drop or two of poly vi sol without iron too.

One that was like that lived and is doing well a full year later.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom