The Old Folks Home

My water bath pot works fine without a rack--but I have a gas stove. Electric does require a rack when using a pyrex vacuum coffee maker so I think you would need a rack for an electric stove.

The vacuum coffee maker is cool!

ece7_vacuum_brewer.jpg

That looks like something from the series " Breaking Bad".

I don't have a Mediterranean climate.
Once dormant, they can take down to 10F. That's about 30 degrees warmer than it can reach here.
I live in a place with a Mediterranean climate! The record low here is 17F.

We don't have any water though....Fig trees get very big too.

Beware of pressure cookers - they are frightful things . My mother used them weekly for ages and one day the vile cookware blew up like a volcano and splattered the ceiling, cabinets, everything. The dog and I took off at first "sisss". I have been afraid of them ever since, I will not walk near on in the stores either.
hide.gif

Bummer.
You should move!
I can't handle year round heat.

I really have wanted to move - to Costa Rica but I have so much groundwork to do here, probably a couple years, before I do so.
Volcano slopes are cool enough to make a fire in the fireplace or a hot tub nice comforting at night and warm enough to swim during the day - year round.

I live in a place with a Mediterranean climate! The record low here is 17F.

We don't have any water though....Fig trees get very big too.
We got over 4" last night and an intense thunderstorm headed our way. Then it's drying out for a couple days. The next rain is Friday night.

Back
Top Bottom