The Old Folks Home

I couldn't this time! :lau really didn't even have a choice, since I forgot to set up for hatching. :idunno

Sally has her own set of eggs, I was gunna swap around before hatch, because cleaning Sally is way faster and easier... But forgot.

Sally is stuffed, as soon as Briney is finished hatching, I will clean her up, and fill her again. However, I have a JILLION eggs to go in, I might have to fill up Briney and then stuff the rest in Sally. Luckily Sally already has some space since I took out all clears a few days back.

Yep.... I am stuffing all possible hatchable eggs into incubators :rolleyes:

Interesting that the Ameraucanas were ALL clear. I worry that that means the Ameraucana eggs in Sally are all clears too.

I might go trim bottoms tomorrow????????????? Not sure what is up. The cockerel got about half of the Leghorns (and those are fast ladies), as well as the Dominique and mutt he is over. So, he is not shooting blanks, he is having troubke covering all of his ladies, but that is to be expected, since he us over two large of a crowd. My other thought is to stick him in my little tractor with the two pure bred ladies. :idunno

Alaskan, sorry about the Am's... maybe the next batch'll be good... had that happen with my Calls... tons of clears, then only half the ducks were fertile, then the rest finally were... I think the guys play favorites sometimes... :confused:

Super glad she is still running strong for you... makes me happy to hear that bator is getting good use and likes you too... ;)

Yep! I am SO HAPPY that you sent her to me.

I rotate eggs in her by tilting the entire bator to one side, then the other....so a really big tilt, and that works great. :)

It is awesome being able to hatch so much.

I think it would be a good idea to pen your rooster up with the purebred hens- then he saves  everything for them.

Yep, but I make money on his crosses too....

I am trying to figure out... Maybe I could pen him up with the 6 best ladies... Surely he could cover 6?????

Not sure though, since he got ZERO fertile out of 8 Ameraucana eggs. He did a much better job over the other ladies.

The more I think about it, the more I think I should give him 6 ladies total, AND trim some of the super puffy fluff from the 2 Ameraucana ladies.

But, him and 6 girls is too many for my tractor :sick need to rig up another pen.... Or.... Uh....... Hummmmmm I could put him in the overflow coop... But that is an 8x6 with no run, kinda squishy, don't like that either.

-sigh-

Yep! I am SO HAPPY that you sent her to me.

I rotate eggs in her by tilting the entire bator to one side, then the other....so a really big tilt, and that works great. :)

It is awesome being able to hatch so much.

Oh, flatter the ego why don'tcha? :lol:

Just for that, I won't spill how I found Waldo in the church pic... :gig

For people having a hard time getting up in the morning when the alarm goes off, you should record a dog or cat vomiting because that is the noise that works the best to get me up and out of bed quickly.

I had wanted to get up early this morning... but not that early.

Back
Top Bottom