The Old Folks Home

Hello, I haven't been on BYC in quite some time, 2011 I think
1f60a.png
anyway, it's nice to see the place is still around.
I hope to be dropping in more frequently, and this thread looks like a good place to start
270c.png

Nope, just looked, it was 2012
1f61d.png
Welcome Back!

#1 son Jason had originally posted on the Australorp thread using Hellbender's account back in early April.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/316084/australorps-breed-thread/10450#post_16854078

There was a car accident, he and Hellbender were in the car. One seriously injured and in the hospital, getting out that day, one with a sprained wrist. One was wearing his seatbelt, one not. I guess in the end Hellbender was not quite as tough an old bird as he needed to be. RIP Hellbender

Thanks NAF. I didn't post on a bunch of threads with him, but he did post some on the WV thread and invited me to the production thread. Wish I had been able to keep up there, but I'm a bit behind on many threads. He was such an interesting character! And had a way of ticking folks off that I thoroughly loved! Lol He will be missed by many!

Just how old do you have to be? Cuz', I am really, really a yung-un
wee.gif
Never mind the old woman in the profile, I ditched her long ago,
tongue2.gif

Last edited:
Alaskan my neice just went thru a simular situation with her step dad. He has demetia and is mean as all get out. He could not be left alone and would not eat or do anything.
She got a social worker to help her. The social worker told her about a home for people with demetia and alheizmers. They take patients in on a trial basis for 30 days and evaluate them.
Then if they qualify medicade will help pay the costs.
This home was in Tennessee and she lives in N. Alabama but the home is only 25 min. from her home. So it worked out for them.

Maybe your mom could talk to a social worker and try to find an answer. Maybe if not in Texas maybe there is a place just across the state line that could help.

The Dr.'s had told my neice the same thing as your family was told.

hugs.gif

for what its worth there have been quite a few new people here of late and bevcause another brain cell has hit the big lite i dont remember who.....

But I am deb live in the San Diego area.... I dont have chickens right now due to circumstances.... Have to move home and rebuild the coop before that can happen. so you will see alot of planning and no action from me.

In the process of getting healthy again Taking care of my 99 year old Grandmother, providing long distance care of my horse whos still at home and keeping an eye on my 82 year old mom in the process.... Planning Grandmas 100 th birthday July 16 and generally going crazy.

deb

Back
Top Bottom