The Old Folks Home

Cap, don't wait, and wonder. Don't let your mind play the "what if" game. For now, everything is fine, and no one has any evidence otherwise. Remember that. IF you find yourself wondering, and playing the "what if" game, keep reminding yourself that everything is fine now, and there is no proof otherwise, and there may never be. It could turn out to be nothing serious. Save the worrying for things that actually need to be worried about. Worry about your quail(s).

Dd #1 and all the grandkids spent their spring break week here at my house. Now, grandpa is in the dog house big time. The kids are very young, and should be named Gooey, Slimer, and Gunkfest. The oldest has graduated to learning to eat with a fork, the middle child has mastered eating with a spoon, while the youngest is still working at getting food on the spoon, then getting that food into her mouth.

I made a couple rules. Children may only eat, and drink at their table, or outside. Hands must be wiped clean, before they leave the table. I bought them a colorful, kid sized, wooden table, and chair set, then put it in the dinette area for them. Dh decided my rules are unfair to the kids.

He began sneaking Oreo cookies to them, and letting them roam the house while eating them. I was constantly using the dust buster to clean up after them. I got onto Dh about it. He figured he'd fix my little red wagon, so without my knowledge, he showed the youngest that I had bought cinnamon rolls, and set them on the counter. He taught her that if she slid her chair over to the counter, and climbed on the chair, she could reach the cinnamon rolls, but she had to watch out for grandma. He taught her to only pinch off a part of the cinnamon roll, so I wouldn't notice. Middle, and oldest child watched, and learned too. He told them that when sneaking cinnamon rolls, they didn't have to eat it at their table.

Tonight I've worked my butt off. I've wiped down sticky furniture, walls, cabinets, closet doors, door knobs, etc. I vacuumed, and got out my floor scrubber to de-gunk the floors. There was cinnamon roll, and Oreo cookie icing ground into the grout. Even with the floor machine it took awhile to get it all clean.

If grandpa does it again, I'm going to teach the kids a new game of hide-and-seek involving grandpa's new torque wrenches, and their sand pile. :D

2e0aabc3bc9524b5c61f367ee9d0efa1.jpg

Dd #1 and all the grandkids spent their spring break week here at my house. Now, grandpa is in the dog house big time. The kids are very young, and should be named Gooey, Slimer, and Gunkfest. The oldest has graduated to learning to eat with a fork, the middle child has mastered eating with a spoon, while the youngest is still working at getting food on the spoon, then getting that food into her mouth.

I made a couple rules. Children may only eat, and drink at their table, or outside. Hands must be wiped clean, before they leave the table. I bought them a colorful, kid sized, wooden table, and chair set, then put it in the dinette area for them. Dh decided my rules are unfair to the kids.

He began sneaking Oreo cookies to them, and letting them roam the house while eating them. I was constantly using the dust buster to clean up after them. I got onto Dh about it. He figured he'd fix my little red wagon, so without my knowledge, he showed the youngest that I had bought cinnamon rolls, and set them on the counter. He taught her that if she slid her chair over to the counter, and climbed on the chair, she could reach the cinnamon rolls, but she had to watch out for grandma. He taught her to only pinch off a part of the cinnamon roll, so I wouldn't notice. Middle, and oldest child watched, and learned too. He told them that when sneaking cinnamon rolls, they didn't have to eat it at their table.

Tonight I've worked my butt off. I've wiped down sticky furniture, walls, cabinets, closet doors, door knobs, etc. I vacuumed, and got out my floor scrubber to de-gunk the floors. There was cinnamon roll, and Oreo cookie icing ground into the grout. Even with the floor machine it took awhile to get it all clean.

If grandpa does it again, I'm going to teach the kids a new game of hide-and-seek involving grandpa's new torque wrenches, and their sand pile. :D
Sounds like your having fun, or at least grandpa is :lau ,

Good morning everyone!

I got busy studying last night for my HAM license upgrade and before I knew it it was bedtime. Right now I have a Tech level license which is good but a General is better. It's a lot more detailed material that thank God, DH is very good with (he has his general rating) technobabble and explaining what they are talking about to me when I point out a question to him and say I sure wish they would talk English!

@CapricornFarm, keeping my fingers crossed and sending prayers. I'm awaiting lab results also on my possible RA so I know how you are feeling. I don't wait well so I'm keeping busy which isn't hard. Lots to do around here this time of the year. Let's both hope that the news for us is good.

I had something funny happen with one of my roosters yesterday. The bantam boys are in full hormonal mode meaning they are beating the stuffing out of one another. One has hardly any hackle feathers left on hjs neck. Two have eye or eyelid injuries that I have been treating. Yesterday i had the smallest and noticed that half of an eyelid was open and the other half closed. Closer inspection showed that the part that was closed was being restricted by a bit of a scab that had bridged the eyelids overnight and dried.

While my boys are rough on one another they are very docile with me. I set him down on the the top of the nesting boxes,told him to hold still and gently pried open the lid breaking the 1mm bridge between the lids.

Bless him he held perfectly still while I did it and the moment his eyelid popped open, he jumped up clucking happily, danced in a circle and then jumped down and went about the business of being a rooster.

Do I think he was thanking me? No. But was he happy and relieved that he could see again out of that eye? Definitely..

My treatment list is getting long though. I sure will be glad when the testosterone levels drop.

Really enjoyed the recount of the sticky fingered kids and grandpa's roll in the event. Sounds like something my DH would do.

I usually reach down and pull the hen out from under her admirers and tell them 'This is MY hen, not yours!' and move her to a place where she isn't being harassed.

Just got off the phone with my doc. NO Rheumatoid Arthritis!:celebrate:wee:woot:woot The only abnormal tests are pointing back to my old history of Rheumatic Fever so we shall see how that plays out next but in the mean time.....relief!

Back
Top Bottom