The Old Folks Home

I usually reach down and pull the hen out from under her admirers and tell them 'This is MY hen, not yours!' and move her to a place where she isn't being harassed.

Just got off the phone with my doc. NO Rheumatoid Arthritis!:celebrate:wee:woot:woot The only abnormal tests are pointing back to my old history of Rheumatic Fever so we shall see how that plays out next but in the mean time.....relief!
Did the rheumatic fever cause joint damage?

Oh yeah, big time so I'm not too surprised by the test results. More curious as to what they are going to do to knock things back into remission.
Are you having Rheumatic fever attacks now? My DW cannot get her Dr. to look into if for her even though she was diagnosed with it 10 or so years ago. I think she is going through the cycles but they will not test for it.

The only thing they have done is for her to have a standing order for a strep throat test.

She moves into the cycle without having a sore throat though. It is considered rare for children now and the Dr. seems to think adults cannot get it. I call him Dr. Death because he has been mentioned in obituaries--thanked for showing compassion as their loved one died. Compassion does not equal competence...

Cap, don't wait, and wonder. Don't let your mind play the "what if" game. For now, everything is fine, and no one has any evidence otherwise. Remember that. IF you find yourself wondering, and playing the "what if" game, keep reminding yourself that everything is fine now, and there is no proof otherwise, and there may never be. It could turn out to be nothing serious. Save the worrying for things that actually need to be worried about. Worry about your quail(s).
The quail are doing well, except one with a crossed beak and one with curly toes. There are 18 now! Just thrilled. I made a temporary brooder because i really don't want to put them outside yet....:D

I usually reach down and pull the hen out from under her admirers and tell them 'This is MY hen, not yours!' and move her to a place where she isn't being harassed.

Just got off the phone with my doc. NO Rheumatoid Arthritis!:celebrate:wee:woot:woot The only abnormal tests are pointing back to my old history of Rheumatic Fever so we shall see how that plays out next but in the mean time.....relief!
Wow, that is super! Congrats!

Are you having Rheumatic fever attacks now? My DW cannot get her Dr. to look into if for her even though she was diagnosed with it 10 or so years ago. I think she is going through the cycles but they will not test for it.

The only thing they have done is for her to have a standing order for a strep throat test.

She moves into the cycle without having a sore throat though. It is considered rare for children now and the Dr. seems to think adults cannot get it. I call him Dr. Death because he has been mentioned in obituaries--thanked for showing compassion as their loved one died. Compassion does not equal competence...

:barnie

can't find someone else to take her to??

Back
Top Bottom