The Old Folks Home

Sheesh!

I have been taking almost only duck pictures lately. :confused:

Ducks in the pond with a moose: (all ducks are muscovy.)
View attachment 1560616

Bunch of growouts, mostly leghorns, in the duck pen.
View attachment 1560615

Ducks on the lawn with 1 Spitz cockerel in the background. Dude with the red face is a year old male, the rest were hatched this summer.
View attachment 1560621

Dark brown leghorn mom with her 5 chicks.
View attachment 1560614
Lol, you have the ducks in the moose pond and chickens in he duck pen, silly Alaskan. :p

Went bow hunting today and came home with a 'lobster' .
DW wouldn't try any, said the kids had to have one live parent lol.
Lion's mane mushroom. Did taste subtly and have the texture of seafood, kinda odd but good.
Screenshot_20181007-190823.png
Screenshot_20181014-205341.png

Lol, you have the ducks in the moose pond and chickens in he duck pen, silly Alaskan. :p

:lau

Yeah, guess I do!

loved that I am not the only building tables do you yours from pallets also Alaskan

Except for my first chicken coop... all of the rest are built from junk.

Went bow hunting today and came home with a 'lobster' .
DW wouldn't try any, said the kids had to have one live parent lol.
Lion's mane mushroom. Did taste subtly and have the texture of seafood, kinda odd but good.
View attachment 1560892 View attachment 1560893

Wow! Huge one too! :drool

I never saw one before, but I've probably never looked. Wasn't until I had plans to grow mushrooms from plugs and saw what some of them looked like that I've started noticing them. I've found morals, maitake (aka hen of the woods) and chicken of the woods. Plus the chaga and reishi (for tea). Found a giant puffball right next to my house
20180813_195815.jpg

I never saw one before, but I've probably never looked. Wasn't until I had plans to grow mushrooms from plugs and saw what some of them looked like that I've started noticing them. I've found morals, maitake (aka hen of the woods) and chicken of the woods. Plus the chaga and reishi (for tea). Found a giant puffball right next to my house
View attachment 1560908
Dang! That is awesome!

My kids love eating the puff balls but all the ones close to us are small.

Back
Top Bottom