The Old Folks Home

Micro, I am so sorry.

We had a Ripley scare today. BF left the house about 2 hours before I got home. He gave her a peanut butter filled bone and said adios.

Sometime between then and when I got home she raided the bathroom trash.

When I first got home there was this strange small pink piece of plastic I saw with some wires hanging out of it on the floor. Didn't know what it was, assumed she had chewed up something electronic and wasn't too concerned.

About 10 minutes later while I was getting her ready for her walk, I found 2 pieces of white plastic, and knew immediately that she had found the Shick Quattro razor head that I had swapped out on Sunday with a fresh one to shave my legs.

The actual blades were missing.

I did a quick search of the house and found 2 of the blades.

I did a much more thorough search of the house and didn't find the other 2 blades. Dog was acting fine, but it was early. I called the emergency vet who was amazing and apparently dogs eat human razor blades all the time so they have a protocol.

The instructions were to feed a couple slices of bread to help bind the blades, then watch for symptoms. Being an enormous dog with enormous bowels has its advantages.

Irony: I didn't have any bread, but I had a loaf on the counter rising.

Also Irony: I probably hadn't shaved my legs in over a month. Not sure why it was so pressing to do it on Sunday, and now I regret that decision.

I end up calling CrazyNeighborLady in a panic, because she's got 5 kids and I know she's got bread. Fed Rip 3 slices with peanut butter on it (of course she also choked on it) then resumed the hunt for the missing blades.

I had found the 2 blades and all the plastic pieces in the kitchen within a few feet of each other. That's where the dog likes to take her stuff and chew it.

Just in case I also performed a Roomba-enema and examined everything she had sucked up (which appeared to be an entire cat and a kilo of dirt) for the blades (which are luckily magnetic). Nothing.

On a whim I searched the rest of the main living space the dog had access to even though there was no reason for the other 2 blades to be anywhere that far away from the rest of the evidence... and found the other 2 blades under the bed.

Whew.

That darn dog.
View attachment 1613755

very nicely worded puppies are fun right

No silly, they got washed in the grooming sink. But the Cat From Hell...i considered a washing machine would be safer!
Woke up at 4am the other morning to a crashing Christmas tree. Dog looked guilty and cat no where to be found. DD thinks it was the dog. No way definitely the cat. She says but it wasn't around and the dog looks guilty. Dog looks guilty cause she's scared (I was sleeping in the living room and screamed like a girl)
Go find the cat, bet she doesn't look guilty , bet she has the evil F'you look, 'I own this house and rule over you human!'
Tree is now tied up to the walls two ways Lol.

We had only one terrible bandit, a very small mini cocker in a litter of regular sized pups.
She would beg, borrow, steal, consume anything she found in purses, pockets, aprons, stuff reached when she jumped on chairs and then kitchen table. She never repented.
Worst thing was when she found my mother's dentures and was trying to eat them. I told my mother, she was furious. Got them away from the dog(pretending it never happened) and put them back in her mouth.OOOOOHHHH:sick.

Micro, I am so sorry.

We had a Ripley scare today. BF left the house about 2 hours before I got home. He gave her a peanut butter filled bone and said adios.

Sometime between then and when I got home she raided the bathroom trash.

When I first got home there was this strange small pink piece of plastic I saw with some wires hanging out of it on the floor. Didn't know what it was, assumed she had chewed up something electronic and wasn't too concerned.

About 10 minutes later while I was getting her ready for her walk, I found 2 pieces of white plastic, and knew immediately that she had found the Shick Quattro razor head that I had swapped out on Sunday with a fresh one to shave my legs.

The actual blades were missing.

I did a quick search of the house and found 2 of the blades.

I did a much more thorough search of the house and didn't find the other 2 blades. Dog was acting fine, but it was early. I called the emergency vet who was amazing and apparently dogs eat human razor blades all the time so they have a protocol.

The instructions were to feed a couple slices of bread to help bind the blades, then watch for symptoms. Being an enormous dog with enormous bowels has its advantages.

Irony: I didn't have any bread, but I had a loaf on the counter rising.

Also Irony: I probably hadn't shaved my legs in over a month. Not sure why it was so pressing to do it on Sunday, and now I regret that decision.

I end up calling CrazyNeighborLady in a panic, because she's got 5 kids and I know she's got bread. Fed Rip 3 slices with peanut butter on it (of course she also choked on it) then resumed the hunt for the missing blades.

I had found the 2 blades and all the plastic pieces in the kitchen within a few feet of each other. That's where the dog likes to take her stuff and chew it.

Just in case I also performed a Roomba-enema and examined everything she had sucked up (which appeared to be an entire cat and a kilo of dirt) for the blades (which are luckily magnetic). Nothing.

On a whim I searched the rest of the main living space the dog had access to even though there was no reason for the other 2 blades to be anywhere that far away from the rest of the evidence... and found the other 2 blades under the bed.

Whew.

That darn dog.
View attachment 1613755
Yikes!!
Luckily our 'girl's' razors (I don't use one lol) as benign as they are, always put up. Had a couple times youngsters somehow got razor burn/ cut here or there, finger, never touched mommy's razor though ....
Our lab's worst is carrying around the kids socks in her mouth :sick
Mostly just carries them around, but sometimes swallows and chokes and gags and pukes...
Kinda hard to eliminate kids socks here. Hope she cuts it out wouldn't be good if one goes further...

my Bandit excuse for a mad cat look wants to sleep under the tree village setup in front of the tree but ours are all like 5 or so now ya 5 maybe some kitten actions gone the two in the house dogs sleep in the laundry room so cats steal hats gloves whatever towels from the kitchen but good night everyone hope all will wake without pain tomorrow my wish for all of us ;):frow

Back
Top Bottom