The Old Folks Home

Woke up at 4am the other morning to a crashing Christmas tree. Dog looked guilty and cat no where to be found. DD thinks it was the dog. No way definitely the cat. She says but it wasn't around and the dog looks guilty. Dog looks guilty cause she's scared (I was sleeping in the living room and screamed like a girl)
Go find the cat, bet she doesn't look guilty , bet she has the evil F'you look, 'I own this house and rule over you human!'
Tree is now tied up to the walls two ways Lol.
Cats do love Christmas trees!

Solved the cat verses Christmas tree dilemma by going to tabletop tree and bungee cording it to the stand we set it on.
We bought a nice fake tree yrs ago after Christmas cheap, used it once. Figured why keep buying real one's just to throw them away. Then oldest DD started dating a boy who's family owns a Christmas tree farm since 1976, haven't been allowed to use the fake one ever again. I guess it's OK, haven't paid for any of them last three yrs, and get a beautiful real wreath every yr also. DD has worked there every yr for the past few, proud of her. They were actually surprised. Trimming the trees every summer, helps cut and split their firewood, runs a tractor, they never seen a girl work as hard as she does, guess we instilled some work ethic in her.
They were actually featured in a newspaper here recently.
https://www.thedailystar.com/news/l...cle_fe2b561a-d8da-5ae4-8ed9-2cb1a9c2aeb8.html

Back
Top Bottom