The Old Folks Home

Most recipes I've seen for no-knead bread calls for pre-heating it in the oven which I did many times. Came out good but I don't know how you can drop a fully inflated risen loaf into it without it deflating. Maybe with it in parchment paper and being careful?
Now I just let it rise in the cast iron dutch oven on one of our heat registers and then toss into the oven and bake longer (haven't burned or over baked yet) think IMHO it comes out just a little bit better.

Edit; I've also just preheated the oven on low, 100-200?? with dutch oven in and let the bread rise in it then raised temp to bake. I've also just set it on top in the back where the heat comes out (gets hot). Trial and error , haven't had a fail yet.
IDK? how everyone else's using all purpose flour and no knead bread turns out ??
But I find it good, but not like real good real bread. It's crusty and dense, to me it tastes more like english muffin bread. Goes quick here, I sometimes don't even get any, kids slather the butter on it and gobble it down...

I refrigerate the dough for at least 3 hours, up to 2 weeks. Let it rise on the counter on the pizza peel with a bunch of cornmeal on it for 40 minutes. It doesn't rise much. Then I slide it into the oven with a cup of water. That's when it rises.

And yeah, the dog is bored. It only happens when we're gone. We give her a bunch of treats/things to do/things to chew and it seems like she does them, then decides to destroy something, then falls asleep.
I went to sewing last night, and it was a chapstick and a bottle of eye lubrication drops when I got back.
Adding I threw her football before I left until she could barely walk. She got her dinner, then an entire can of wet cat food (she loves cat food) while I was leaving, thinking she'd food coma.

But sadly not. I guess she isn't a "crate dog". Though I would feel badly about leaving a dog alone for hours in a crate. I guess she needs a dog safe room, like we ALL have an extra room in the house we can strip of all furnishings. Maybe she'll grow out of it?

I've also just preheated the oven on low, 100-200?? with dutch oven in and let the bread rise in it then raised temp to bake.
100°F is proofing temp. I think 200° would make for some odd bread as it sorta cooks.

Sorry but maybe not that is why we have the laundry room for the dogs from the house, crazy white dog has a 500 exhibition crate she sleep in the screen room door of the room is open as Fear sleeps next to the crate she has adopted the crazy white dog still sets her in corner makes her scream at times

We used to crate her, when she was a puppy and she couldn't be trusted, at all.

She learned to self-deport to the crate at night after a while, but did not like going there during the day. Eventually she started "asking" to go to the couch, instead, both day and night and would be a very good girl on the couch, so we started trusting her and eventually not crating her. We got rid of the crate since it was taking up an enormous amount of space in the room.

I'd prefer not to crate, if possible.

I have a bit of unpleasant business tomorrow. I have to give a statement and sign an affidavit in an animal cruelty case. I might have to give sworn testimony later. For obvious reasons I can't give any details.
You have to do that on Saturday?

Back
Top Bottom