The Old Folks Home

We only mow the lawn a few times a year - Juneish to Augustish.

I now know exactly what you need to do for the next storm!!! This is what a friend of mine did yesterday. Said he had to get his mind off of the 4+ inches of snow that was coming. He then said it sort of worked because what snow we got started melting today really fast and then he realized he forgot to put the mower away!
lau.gif
I told you this winter is making me crazy!

1782004_663079613730140_2033789951_n.jpg

We started out fairly nice this morning

Then it got cloudy. No rain or snow but blah for pictures so I got my homework done and got on the treadmill after dinner.
big_smile.png

It is 63 degrees here and the lawn mowers are running! I need to charge mine so that I can mow the grass tomorrow. It is getting quite tall and lushly green now.

The Plums and Almonds are about to bloom too. Next weekend is the Capay Valley Almond Festival.

Yesterday I drove through some petals from a blooming tree. That is as close to snow as we get here.

Sadly, I have to take my allergy pills all year long.

I'm certain I'm weighing the idea of taking allergy pills quite seriously against this winter crap. I don't even have allergies, and I'm half-interested in signing on just to be rid of the cold!

We only mow the lawn a few times a year - Juneish to Augustish.

Blech. We mow like 45-60 times or more. It is absolutely sick and wrong.

Quote:
I use the same netting, but with 2"x2" sticks with peeled soup cans to hold it all up, and 5' 2" x 4" fencing for the perimeters of all 15 runs...the full OUTSIDE perimeter is 4' climb-roof with a string of hot wire atop it.

And rams. Mean rams who really need a date. They encircle the hot wire, with more hot wire on their fencing. I have been considering moats w/piranha and a further perimeter of cougars, but that seemed like a bit much.

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GRAY HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM TUESDAY MORNING THROUGH TUESDAY EVENING.
* HAZARD TYPES... HEAVY SNOW.
* ACCUMULATIONS... SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 4 TO 8 INCHES POSSIBLE IN A RELATIVELY SHORT PERIOD OF TIME TUESDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING.

Bring it.

Gack! That's sick and wrong.

Quote:
I might wear it if I could fit it. But I can't, so I won't.

Quote: You do realize that muscle weighs more than fat so I would attribute a 10lb gain to ONLY that. That is my story and I am sticking to it!
tongue2.gif
lau.gif

I use that one all the time! It's not working as well since I keep getting shorter and less active.

Quote:
There's something awry with you, sir.

Well it's time for this Old Folk...to go to bed. 5:00 comes really early. I also have my bee class tomorrow night after work so it will be a really long day. I am so looking forward to the class too!. Have a great night all. Rest as if you were small again.

Well it's time for this Old Folk...to go to bed. 5:00 comes really early. I also have my bee class tomorrow night after work so it will be a really long day. I am so looking forward to the class too!. Have a great night all. Rest as if you were small again.
I sleep like a baby

I wake up every 2 hours needing my diaper changed

blythspirit I agree, the sunrise pictures were pretty but the rest of the day turned out overcast and blah. Oz you crack me up
lau.gif
gig.gif
SCG I agree, why spoil a good night's sleep with extra sleep at the end?
wink.png

Here is a rough draft of the breeding pens I thought up? I told DH I want them all to be covered with a tin roof.
Please give me some feed back or suggestions as I am still new to all this.

I used the idea ChickenCanoe gave me for a breeze way for feed and water and nest boxes.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom