The Old Folks Home

As an experiment, I gave a dozen bantam eggs to one of the servers at The Pub so she could pickle them.... We will see if the management will allow her to offer them at the bar... And if so, I'll have a customer for the bantam eggs!

Quote: Five roos out of six and I thought my ratio was bad! I hope you told husband to buy some antibiotic at the Tractor Supply and one other thing that is excellent is "Kaytee Exact". It is baby parrot food in powder form that you just add some electrolyte water to and make a thick gruel that you squirt down their throats with a needleless syringe. Only a little bit at a time. It tastes good so they don't fight it. Feed him often and little by little he will get better. He sounds too far gone but as you started giving fluids right away, he might make it. Babies die of dehydration much more of ten than from lack of eating. I have used Tylan 50 injectible, L-S 50 water soluable powder, and Duramycin-10, all available at Tractor Supply. You can google the company for dosages or ask the vet at that office that does your free necropsies. Good luck!

Quote: I have been planning for years to turn my den into a gym and then invest in a big screen TV for the wall, visible from any machine and then exercise while I watch my favorite shows. I've got the machines, just not enough incentive to make it happen.....lots of stuff in the way that must be gotten rid of by garage sale, stored or given to the Goodwill. A big job. Kayaking in the cold, no fun? I guess not as cold as it gets there.
You know, there are lots of people in the states that will do the trade off. You come visit here and we put you up, then we visit Finland and you put us up....for a prearranged period of time and # of meals. After the flight the hotel is the biggy so it works for a lot of people. Something to think about.

I have been planning for years to turn my den into a gym and then invest in a big screen TV for the wall, visible from any machine and then exercise while I watch my favorite shows. I've got the machines, just not enough incentive to make it happen.....lots of stuff in the way that must be gotten rid of by garage sale, stored or given to the Goodwill. A big job. Kayaking in the cold, no fun? I guess not as cold as it gets there.
You know, there are lots of people in the states that will do the trade off. You come visit here and we put you up, then we visit Finland and you put us up....for a prearranged period of time and # of meals. After the flight the hotel is the biggy so it works for a lot of people. Something to think about.
I'm not much of a fan of the different machines, I like moving out in the nature better.

Yeah, that would be fun, but requires some sort of spare bedrooms, something we don't have at the moment.

Quote: Shouldn't be, since no chicken diseases can be caught by humans thru the eggs. Diseases can be passed from one generation to the next via the eggs though.
How about salmonella? Salmonella testing is required here if you give or sell eggs to anyone outside the household. (I'm not saying your flock would carry it, just enquiring out of interest)

Is it odd that as a 19 year old girl that this is my favorite thread?

I was raised by my Grandparents my whole life and grew up a neighborhood that was 99% family and if they were not blood family they were like family and only 2 kids other than my brother and my self with in a 5 mile radius. So I am much more comfortable around older people than people my age. Plus you can't really learn anything if you hang out with people your own age where as if you are with older people they can teach you so many things!

My favorite stories are those from when they were growing up and had acres upon acres of crops and farm animals...oh how I have dreamt to be able to go back in time a witness that for myself!

Is it odd that as a 19 year old girl that this is my favorite thread?

I was raised by my Grandparents my whole life and grew up a neighborhood that was 99% family and if they were not blood family they were like family and only 2 kids other than my brother and my self with in a 5 mile radius. So I am much more comfortable around older people than people my age. Plus you can't really learn anything if you hang out with people your own age where as if you are with older people they can teach you so many things!

My favorite stories are those from when they were growing up and had acres upon acres of crops and farm animals...oh how I have dreamt to be able to go back in time a witness that for myself!

I have always been more comfortable with older folks than with my peers. Of course, now I am 'older folk'.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom