The Old Folks Home

Quote:
Avocado is bland and very pasty even a very good ripe one.

deb

Yep, that's what I had.
sickbyc.gif

BTW

Roll Tide!

IF you ever try one again... Salt pepper and Garlic if you have some... Even if its just a little spoon full. A squeeze of lemon is also very good to add.

Good morning all!

Congratulations to the old folks thread!

It survived another round of moderation. I hope it is safe to post here again.

You All realize a post or two were removed from here and likely someone has been sent away for a time out?

Please keep things civil here. I like this thread too much to see politics and etc. kill it.

I missed the shenanigans too. Time zones worked against me.

I love this thread. Its one of four I routinely comment in.

Wisher should be proud as we ticked passed 22000 posts yesterday.

Last year, I had found a quick weight loss diet.  It didn't look too bad so I thought I could try it for a while.  Basically, you ate a very small amount of several highly flavorful foods, very restrictive in calories due to the small amount you ate.  One of the choices was 1/4 of an avocado.  I had never had fresh avocado.  I only had eaten guacomole, and don't care for it much.  I cut 1/4 of the avocado and ate it.  I then threw the rest in the garbage.  I don't like avocado.
Hi lady!!!! I've a Marans crowing and a pullet with him. Also have Black Orphie trio bout ready to go. I've lost some to reasons unknown but Wisher has sold to me some awesome stock. Thanks again for an awesome trade my friend.

What?!  I love, love, love, and did I say love..Avacodos!    I am so sorry you do not like Avacodos.  But, having said that, bet you are not sorry at all.  :D

I don't eat corn, asparagus and baked beans. If you put a gun to my head to make me eat them I would take the bullet.

I cannot explain my aversion to the above.

It makes no real sense.

Ahhhh.... My DH doesn't do texture, either. So for him no bananas, pudding, jello, custard, tapioca, yogurt, strawberry rhubarb pie, some applesauce, avocados straight up (has to have something crunchy like chips or salad with).

BUT, luckily, I have trained him off his aversion to fruit and veggies. Fiber is our friend.

Me, personally, I cannot do okra. Fried sometimes, but boiled is just like a mouthful of slimy wet velvet.

Last edited:
Quote:
Hi lady!!!! I've a Marans crowing and a pullet with him. Also have Black Orphie trio bout ready to go. I've lost some to reasons unknown but Wisher has sold to me some awesome stock. Thanks again for an awesome trade my friend.

Hi, there, Dan! It's great to hear from you! I would love to see some pics of those birds. They are some of my favorites. The cock bird that fathered your trio is the biggest I have ever owned, and one of the biggest I have ever seen first hand. I am so glad that you are happy with the birds you got from me. I really like my birds and am thrilled when someone else appreciates them as well. I'll be waiting on those pics.........

Need to rant, and where better?
rant.gif

This past few days has been a real electronics challenge for me here.
he.gif
First the wireless mouse dies... I replace that and the danged wireless router no longer works, so I have to use a network cable direct to the cable modem till I can get a new wireless router... Decide to get away from the computer for a bit and turn on the big screen (rear projection) TV and the danged bulb light is flashing at me and it won't turn on. I think, OK, no problem I have a spare bulb
thumbsup.gif
I get it off the stand and try to put the new bulb in and it won't go in... when I finally get it (I think ) in, it still doesn't work
somad.gif

I now have a new mouse, a new router, and a new 60" visio LED TV... So I hook the X-Box 360 back up (which I used for DVDs and Netflix and the grand kids use for kids games) and it doesn't work anymore either!!! So Now I guess I'll be back out to buy a cheap DVD player...

We've finally had decent rains here at my place. They talk about all this rain that Colorado has gotten but at my place I've had virtually NO rain all summer till the past few days I've been hit directly by big T-storms 3 days in a row, and I wonder if a lightning strike nearby caused all this.

In any event, these are all expenses I really could have done without thank you. <SIGH> OK, all better now kinda sorta... back later, off to wally world... again

edited to add: So went to the Xbox site for help, can't remember any of my microsoft sign in info so have to create a whole new account (grrrr...) finally re-enter all the info and all my personal life history (their database must be bigger than the FBI's!) and go through their step by step Q & A to try to determine the issue. The power converter is bad, so ordered a replacement paid the bill, have no idea how it will be shipped or when... guess I'll have to wait till the next workday - Tuesday to find anything out... I need a nap!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom