The Old Folks Home

Fro what I understand Boar goats are pretty susceptible to parasites. I would think given your location that a Kiko buck. That crossed over a great milker would be an excellent cross.
we dont have kiko goats there.

In the tropics, all goats get parasites. I give them loads of medication to keep at a minumum. Ivrmectin every three months, valbazen after freshening and febendazol sx months later

Kiko goats stand up to the parasites much better than most.

Over in dryish area of Texas, whenever it gets super wet for a couple of weeks the death rate on the Boar goats can easily be 10%, the Kikos aren't bothered.

Kiko goats come from New Zealand... For some reason I thought that would be easier for you to get.

Kiko goats stand up to the parasites much better than most.

Over in dryish area of Texas, whenever it gets super wet for a couple of weeks the death rate on the Boar goats can easily be 10%, the Kikos aren't bothered.

Kiko goats come from New Zealand... For some reason I thought that would be easier for you to get.
II know of kikos but there are none

boer is very well established in many parts of the country

i am a goat novice and i know i will never get what i paid for to sell a buck so offering him to the locals seems like a good choice

Nope. No way no how. Those are pure 100% slocomb tomatoes.

So far I like them very much just on growth. When they start flowing I'll have to cover a few buds and then mark them so I can save seeds, too.

we dont have kiko goats there.

In the tropics, all goats get parasites. I give them loads of medication to keep at a minumum. Ivrmectin every three months, valbazen after freshening and febendazol sx months later

We get parasites here, too. Ours get either albendazole or morantel each month spring through fall.

A knock on the door - neighbor tells me my ducks are out in the ditch a block away..... What to do? Step #1 in retrieving wayward critters is food in a bucket. So, I head in the direction they are in the car. Yep, eight Ancona ducks are having a blast in the water filled ditch, catching bugs. Still not sure how I can catch or contain all (or any) of them, I get out of the car, they head the other way. By the time I get the car turned around they are moving toward the county road. One drake is clearly the leader, his hen by his side and the others following. When they get to the county road, some of the followers turn left, but the drake holds firm and goes right, toward home, with all the rest behind him. With no other option, I follow and encourage the straglers to keep up with little horn honks. That drake and hen are going home, heads up, eyes straight ahead and webbed feet pounding out a ground eating pace, the rest of the flock spread out behind them, and me in the car last, going down a county road at a duck jog speed. Not quite sure how I got in this bazar situation when a voice says "that's cute. Did they get out?" A car had pulled up beside me and the driver was enjoying the moment. Next corner, I hoped that ducky pair made the correct turn - they did, right to the barn, was waiting for me when I got there with a bucket of feed, crowded past me when I opened the door and were ready for their supper.

i

A knock on the door - neighbor tells me my ducks are out in the ditch a block away..... What to do? Step #1 in retrieving wayward critters is food in a bucket. So, I head in the direction they are in the car. Yep, eight Ancona ducks are having a blast in the water filled ditch, catching bugs. Still not sure how I can catch or contain all (or any) of them, I get out of the car, they head the other way. By the time I get the car turned around they are moving toward the county road. One drake is clearly the leader, his hen by his side and the others following. When they get to the county road, some of the followers turn left, but the drake holds firm and goes right, toward home, with all the rest behind him. With no other option, I follow and encourage the straglers to keep up with little horn honks. That drake and hen are going home, heads up, eyes straight ahead and webbed feet pounding out a ground eating pace, the rest of the flock spread out behind them, and me in the car last, going down a county road at a duck jog speed. Not quite sure how I got in this bazar situation when a voice says "that's cute. Did they get out?" A car had pulled up beside me and the driver was enjoying the moment. Next corner, I hoped that ducky pair made the correct turn - they did, right to the barn, was waiting for me when I got there with a bucket of feed, crowded past me when I opened the door and were ready for their supper.

How cute was that.... I removed the BIG space...
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom