The Old Folks Home

Tell DH to lemme hold a 20
Lol bama. Better behave. I'm heading your way the 15th. I'm spending thanksgiving with family in Wetumpka and Eclectic. Leaving for Arkansas on the 4th to my Aunt's and driving with her to Tulsa for my little brother's for his anniversary on the 7th. Gonna miss Maddy while I'm gone, but I haven't seen my family in years. Maddy and I will be FaceTiming every day.

I think smartphones are pretty handy for many things, but I hate having to type on them. Tablets are a bit better, but I really do prefer a physical full size keyboard. It's so slow to type on a touchscreen, or even worse, those horrid phones with actual mini qwerty keyboards.

I'm quite happy being a low tech person somewhat able to use a regular pc. If I had a cell phone, I would want it only for making & receiving calls.

I don't want computers running/controlling my life. My brother wouldn't mind. My son is working to have everything possible controlled by computer. I always ask them what happens when the computer flips it's lid? No reply.

All my computers have been second or third hand - starting with the second hand one by son passed to me. Then my brother would give me his old one when he'd got a new one. Now he mainly uses tablets or laptops, so no more computers for me. I hear they are getting cheap enough were I probably could buy one but, also shoddy and unsupported to the point- it would be a bad idea.
hu.gif

Felix, I don't believe Kathy rushes in to treat too fast. I find that people generally wait till gangrene,rigor mortis, etc. has set in before they decide to ask for help.

"For want of a nail, the kingdom was lost." is imprinted on my brain.

sorry Felix, I misunderstood. I'm used to folks saying "my favorite hen looks like she is dying. She has been getting worse and worse over the past month. She's like a child to me, I would hate to lose her. So tell me what's wrong with her and what to do about it. Don't tell me to take her to a vet." On top of all this they post and then immediately go offline so you can't possibly help them. And this is a hen they are crazy about.
he.gif
Spend some time on the emergencies thread & see for yourself.

I admit DD, I did that today after I got a bit of help, I disappeared, but I was off trying to figure out what was going on. And today was DHs birthday, so I didn't want to ruin it with chicken stuff. But I seriously hate it when posters dont come back eventually! Especially on hatching threads. I want to know what happened!
For me, I didn't figure out what happened to my girl, and I guess I'll never really know. Not doing a necropsy. Day just didn't go as I planned, as they say, **** happens.

Just kick me silly....

Not sure if anyone else has this problem.

However, I WANT to be Christian and loving, etc.... But in RL, I just want everyone to do what I think is best.

It ticks me off that everyone doesn't listen to what I say, and recognize that what I say is the best idea. And it ticks me off that everyone is NOT perpetually thanking me for the work that I do.

I want to cut people down, or throw a royal fit.... Or in some way punish people for not doing the above......

And I totally realize that is very wrong and unchristian.

It is so super hard to be truly humble.... I think I am much more like the country song "Oh Lord its hard to be humble, when you are perfect in every way!"

Yep... That is me... Not sure how to get over it.

Not asking for hints or what nots..... Just venting.

:barnie

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom