The Old Folks Home

@microchick congratulations on passing your test! Would love to see any paintings you get done. I did a funny one to cheer up DD at basic training. I had a lot of fun painting it
drill sgt grinch.jpg
drill sgt grinch.jpg

San Diego is over 200 percent of their annual rain fall for the year...
Most of my recent studies have dealt with how radios work. When you take one of those circuit boards out of a radio or tv, by golly, I know what most of those little components are and what they are supposed to do. DH even taught me how to solder and create my own little circuit boards, which I really do enjoy doing.
Thats the part that I understand and enjoy as well. I love thinkering and exploring an assembly... One time I went to my girlfriends house with my son she had two daughers one almost his age... I brought with me two old Telephones and two screw drivers... Told the kids to go out on the patio and take em apart... OMG they had fun. I had fun watching them. and My girlfirend and I could talk with out hearing squabbling.j

deb

Do what? Sorry, not sure what you are referring to.:confused:

My young cockerels started fighting with one another and pestering the hens over December when our temps were in the 50s and 60s. Hormones were going 'hey, it's spring! Let's make babies! when in reality it is still winter.

I have a nice roomy coop for them that is just waiting to be finished being cleaned up and with fresh bedding for them along with a roomy run. They are going to carry on being roosters, meaning, squabbling with one another and breaking off their tail feathers until they get their pecking order worked out, but at least in their own rooster coop they won't be pestering the hens and pullets.

In the winter, they cuddle up together at night and keep one another warm which is a plus for having them around and secondly, these guys are super cute and I don't want to butcher them.

Also, now that the temps have gone back to normal here, meaning single digit lows and sub freezing highs for at least another month before it starts to swing around here, I'm hoping the testosterone will settle back down long enough for me to get their future coop cleaned out, aired out and the gate on their run fixed and put up again.

I am a big fan of roosters, which is why the majority of them have names and the hens don't, LOL!
I will have a bachelor coop eventually as well. But I usually keep about three roosters in with the hens... When out in the yard they keep a watchful eye for predators and each other. The Alpha manages them all. :gig

Good morning Old Folks. I need to move all of the feed out of the truck today. I am starting to think smaller bags would be nice. But they charge more for them.
I been condisering using a homemade hopper to deliver feed to individual bins via Leaf blower... Back the truck up open the tail gate open the bag turn the leaf blower in pour the feed in and it travels up a tube and into the bin you selected... Or trash can... what ever.

deb

Back
Top Bottom