The Old Folks Home

Thanks, Clue, Penny, Ron, Cap and Peep.

Actually @Peep_Show, Morris Code is no longer mandatory for licensing. It's almost becoming a lost art. Used to be that just to get an entrance license you had to be able to read and transmit 5 words per minute. That number of words per minute went up with each upgrade. DH is studying code and I have to admit that while I have no desire to transmit, I would like to be able to copy/read.

It's amazing how fast some of these operators can 'ditty bop' as we call it.

I had started to learn basic code before I started studying for my Element 4 and put it on hold. I'll probably go back to studying it in time. There are only two or three people in our club who are into Code or cw as it is known. One of them is my husband. He says he's a wannabe but truthfully, he's good at it and has made a couple of contacts using code.

Yep, dumb any time of year (I have several that go broody spring and summer) but this time of year is really dumb!

It's not terribly cold tonight or the next day or two, but after that . . .

I did let them all out today to explore new additions to the compost pile. But after she headed back to the next a few times, I had to lock her up. Poor clucker. So determined. But many of us are familiar with being ruled by hormones, right?
:oops:

Thanks, Clue, Penny, Ron, Cap and Peep.

Actually @Peep_Show, Morris Code is no longer mandatory for licensing. It's almost becoming a lost art. Used to be that just to get an entrance license you had to be able to read and transmit 5 words per minute. That number of words per minute went up with each upgrade. DH is studying code and I have to admit that while I have no desire to transmit, I would like to be able to copy/read.

It's amazing how fast some of these operators can 'ditty bop' as we call it.

I had started to learn basic code before I started studying for my Element 4 and put it on hold. I'll probably go back to studying it in time. There are only two or three people in our club who are into Code or cw as it is known. One of them is my husband. He says he's a wannabe but truthfully, he's good at it and has made a couple of contacts using code.
I have the telegraph key my Dad used on the railroad. Is it Morse code or Morris code?

I'm thinking ahead. I really need to build a bigger broody buster cage. I really don't want a lot of broodies this year like I had last year.

I just looked ahead at our weather. They are predicting heavy snow Thursday and Friday. Gaaaagh I hope they change that.
I have 2 broody bantam cochins, have to keep taking out the new eggs. They already have a big pile.

Actually I think it is Morse, Cap, we call it Morris because we have a friend with that last name...oops.

DH is drooling. He said that it's one of the cases where older is better.
My Dad was in the war when he was young, but he worked in the RR as far back as I can remember.

Back
Top Bottom