The Old Folks Home

Morning Old folks sat watching the local News casts rain and more rain talking landslides .. we are safe ground might loose a few trees that could be good but my feet are getting webbed :idunno
Oh No!

I hope it is not too bad for you

Good morning all. Today is, again, wet and cold here in East Texas- a good day to stay in and read a good book or binge watch favorite movies. The poor chickens are damp, but seem to be taking it in stride. The dogs have issues with going outside in the cold and wet. I have to leash the two small ones (Chiweenies) and take them out or they will go in the house. I have been having "cold flashes" this week. Don't know what that is about. Anyone have those? I am trucking along in the house just fine, when I feel really cold. Yesterday, I had on my clothes (long sleeve shirt, slacks), a sweater, socks, gloves and was still freezing. I ended up getting under the covers- two quilts and a heated mattress pad jacked up to 4- and put a space heater in the bedroom on high. I finally got warm after about 3 hours. When the flash faded, I like to have died of heat prostration. Generally have be getting them about twice a week since before Christmas. I know I have industrial strength hot flashes, but good grief- Cold flashes?
Never heard of that. Try a hot pan of water to soak your feet in, and have a hot drink.

Thanks, Penny Jo!
What a great welcome wagon! Thanks!
Yikes! Can you imagine? I'm not afraid of lizards, but having a bunch of them wake up and start crawling around the car might cause me to have an accident!
I want one!
Oh, my! I do not miss the California rattle snakes.
Thanks so much, Microchick!
I have had hot flashes for 17 years, and recently cold flashes will come too, but never as severe as yours. You might want to tell your doctor about it. Could be a circulation problem that needs to be addressed. Take good care of you!
Yep that is the plan on the next MD appointment.

Never heard of that. Try a hot pan of water to soak your feet in, and have a hot drink.
I have tried taking a hot bath and drinking hot tea, but it doesn't really seem to help much- by the time I get dried off, I am cold. I mostly only drink hot liquids in the winter- the thought of iced tea makes me shiver and I don't drink sodas. Maybe I will try just soaking my feet..

He needs a dental he has all toys known to man dumb, dumb went for Momma smell
He Wuuuvs his Momma...

When i had my Greyhound one night I heard him leave my bedroom then come back and Worked himself in a circle... Then back out.... back in circle.... Back out... back in Circle... I peeked at what he was doing and he wa scoming in the room with his ears up and flopped over at the tops... Carrying something that he had to straddle to walk.

He had found my dirty Laundry basket. That was when i realized he had finally considered this his home.... Oh he made such a nice comfy bed out of it all.

Love Grey hounds hope to have another one day.... Such silly Goof balls.

I need to build a nice run area for one... Nice long track around the house and out into the rocks and back.... I could do a quarter of a mile easy.

No cactus here...

deb

Moose is the Lab here so aptly named love him want to kill him all in one day
hard to realize he is 7 or 8 now

Attachments

• dogs 004.jpg
    dogs 004.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom