The Old Folks Home

Good morning Old Folks.
g morn roo .gif

Good morning all. Today is, again, wet and cold here in East Texas- a good day to stay in and read a good book or binge watch favorite movies. The poor chickens are damp, but seem to be taking it in stride. The dogs have issues with going outside in the cold and wet. I have to leash the two small ones (Chiweenies) and take them out or they will go in the house. I have been having "cold flashes" this week. Don't know what that is about. Anyone have those? I am trucking along in the house just fine, when I feel really cold. Yesterday, I had on my clothes (long sleeve shirt, slacks), a sweater, socks, gloves and was still freezing. I ended up getting under the covers- two quilts and a heated mattress pad jacked up to 4- and put a space heater in the bedroom on high. I finally got warm after about 3 hours. When the flash faded, I like to have died of heat prostration. Generally have be getting them about twice a week since before Christmas. I know I have industrial strength hot flashes, but good grief- Cold flashes?

Really Perchie falling from trees are we killing them now too ?
Hey Val welcome to old folks
Thanks, Penny Jo!
What a great welcome wagon! Thanks!
The iguanas are not dead. They're cold blooded, so when they get too cold, the go into a deep hibernation. When they warm up, they're fine. One of the news channels carried a story about a fool collecting all the frozen iguanas, and putting them in his car. They warmed up, and "came to life", and he wrecked his car. Snakes, and bees can do that too.
Yikes! Can you imagine? I'm not afraid of lizards, but having a bunch of them wake up and start crawling around the car might cause me to have an accident!
Do you want to copy the one that is animated?

View attachment 2008740
I want one!
Rattle snakes to something similar here. They hibernate in nests in the ground and then float up when water floods in low lying orchards. They then can fall on people and animals in the Spring.

There are some dog training schools here that will train dogs on what to do with rattle snakes
Oh, my! I do not miss the California rattle snakes.
Another old folk to join the rockin chair club! Welcome Welcome Welcome!
Thanks so much, Microchick!
Good morning all. Today is, again, wet and cold here in East Texas- a good day to stay in and read a good book or binge watch favorite movies. The poor chickens are damp, but seem to be taking it in stride. The dogs have issues with going outside in the cold and wet. I have to leash the two small ones (Chiweenies) and take them out or they will go in the house. I have been having "cold flashes" this week. Don't know what that is about. Anyone have those? I am trucking along in the house just fine, when I feel really cold. Yesterday, I had on my clothes (long sleeve shirt, slacks), a sweater, socks, gloves and was still freezing. I ended up getting under the covers- two quilts and a heated mattress pad jacked up to 4- and put a space heater in the bedroom on high. I finally got warm after about 3 hours. When the flash faded, I like to have died of heat prostration. Generally have be getting them about twice a week since before Christmas. I know I have industrial strength hot flashes, but good grief- Cold flashes?
I have had hot flashes for 17 years, and recently cold flashes will come too, but never as severe as yours. You might want to tell your doctor about it. Could be a circulation problem that needs to be addressed. Take good care of you!

I have been saying there was something wrong with the TEAS test they gave my daughter. I mentioned that they might be giving version 5 of the test, instead of the current one. Nope, I was wrong. On the college website, they have a notice that they changed form version 5, to version 6 (the current one) on Jan. 15, 2019. They upgraded a year ago.

Yesterday, she found a paper they gave her, right before she took the test. Among the other things written on the paper, it mentioned they gave her the version 5 TEAS test. It sux, and hardly seems fair, when their website says it will be version 6.
I got her an additional book for version 6, since she did so poorly on the test.
The obsolete version 5 study materials are very expensive, and doubles up on what she has to learn to pass the test, since they are using both tests, and it's the luck of the draw as to whether they give a version 5, or a version 6 test.

Oh, my! I do not miss the California rattle snakes.
Thanks so much, Microchick!
One of my aunts was bitten by a rattlesnake!
I have been saying there was something wrong with the TEAS test they gave my daughter. I mentioned that they might be giving version 5 of the test, instead of the current one. Nope, I was wrong. On the college website, they have a notice that they changed form version 5, to version 6 (the current one) on Jan. 15, 2019. They upgraded a year ago.

Yesterday, she found a paper they gave her, right before she took the test. Among the other things written on the paper, it mentioned they gave her the version 5 TEAS test. It sux, and hardly seems fair, when their website says it will be version 6.
I got her an additional book for version 6, since she did so poorly on the test.
The obsolete version 5 study materials are very expensive, and doubles up on what she has to learn to pass the test, since they are using both tests, and it's the luck of the draw as to whether they give a version 5, or a version 6 test.
that is very silly!

Last edited:

:rolleyes: you poor daughter! It all sounds very stressful!

Morning Old folks sat watching the local News casts rain and more rain talking landslides .. we are safe ground might loose a few trees that could be good but my feet are getting webbed :idunno
Landslides in my area could lock me in for a while. Good thing we have a big generator that runs the house when electricity goes out! It really is just so soggy out here.

Back
Top Bottom